Khuk-o-Lattern Challenge

Oh wait, my neighbors only have two pumpkins. They'd notice one going missing, especially if it came back with chunks missing.

You want me to hit a pumpkin with a knife from at least 5 feet?

I better plant some of my own and lots of Miracle Grow. Gonna have to be a big arse pumpkin.

I'm a rookie tomahawk thrower, might as well use it, doubt I could hit the pumpkin with it neither. But soon I will. Personal challenge.

Not just hit a pumpkin, but carve a face into one by throwing knives at it! Or, hard mode: throw khukris at it!! :D

If I was to even hit the pumpkin I'd be so filled with joy I'd have my head bronzed and call it a pumpkin. Probably still wouldn't win but it'd be a fine handsome looking bronzed head. Hope the bronzing don't burn off me stache it's part of the effect.

pepsi challenge,..errr..pumpkin challenge accepted. sharpening the BVCAK and 12 in. BC and 16 inch balance.....now to find a pumpkin to use it on......here in NC shouldnt be hard to find a big azz pumpkin, this here is farm country i tell ya!! even in charlotte, aka the big city,lol.

Watch out, Bawanna! Got my punkin a while ago and tomorrow's the day! (unless it's National Honey Do Day)

I was going to carve a pumpkin anyways, this just sounds like a fun challenge. If I have time, this is a surprisingly busy October.

Cherokee Rose
MASSIVE Gowa Cleaver
Garud Ang Khola

Might as well just use a double-bit axe lol.

Here is our entry in the 2014 punkin carving contest. These three photos depicts the accomplishment of Team Kesar Lal a' la Bookie. Eat yer heart out, Bawanna...an' no fair havin' Cutie Curls bribe or seduce the judges!
o1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Doin' some fine work with a rather large blade. Were pretty hard stayin' on the lines. Glad it ain't dot to dot!
o2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Kesar is gettin' with the program and gougin' the feller's eye ball out. Giv'em hell, Kesar!!
o4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] The ol' eight track was crankin' out some Queen motivatin' us on to perfection. Sure enough, here's our pride and joy. (Kinda makes me think of Karda without his shark outfit on.) Kesar wanted to jump inna photo and git his picture taken with our winning entry.

Here is our entry in the 2014 punkin carving contest. These three photos depicts the accomplishment of Team Kesar Lal a' la Bookie. Eat yer heart out, Bawanna...an' no fair havin' Cutie Curls bribe or seduce the judges!
o1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Doin' some fine work with a rather large blade. Were pretty hard stayin' on the lines. Glad it ain't dot to dot!
o2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Kesar is gettin' with the program and gougin' the feller's eye ball out. Giv'em hell, Kesar!!
o4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] The ol' eight track was crankin' out some Queen motivatin' us on to perfection. Sure enough, here's our pride and joy. (Kinda makes me think of Karda without his shark outfit on.) Kesar wanted to jump inna photo and git his picture taken with our winning entry.

Curse you for raising expectations. ;)

So which Queen songs did you find best for inspiring perfection? I have most of their stuff and if any of it inspires perfection it'd be great to know.

Scara, it be Freddy's "cowboy song"....Bohemian Rhapsody "Carry on, carry on, carry on"....and Fat Bottomed Girls, naturally!

o1.jpg
o2.jpg
o4.jpg

Bookie had got hell of an entry there...bar is raised, whoop whoop.

I'm gonna need an extension ladder to even see that bar. Its way high.

Nice job Bookie.

Well I think we can crown the winner:

Excellent work:)

I randomly drew the perfect carving khuk...my GRS:eek:
I have a feeling mine is going to look less like a jack o lantern and more like pumpkin pie filling:

I might cheat and use an m43 for the eyes or something. I'm carving it today with pics posted tomorrow;)

Dang Bookie, now ya done did it, we have to respond now with something fellas, dont know if its gonna par up with yours though. Great job sir as always.

Oh wait, my neighbors only have two pumpkins. They'd notice one going missing, especially if it came back with chunks missing.

Here's a thought: Leave a note where the pumpkin was, along with the seeds and inner pulp, saying something like:

"There's nothing for me in being a pumpkin, I have no ambition, no meaning in my life. A GOURD! I could have been a gourd! But no...I'm just a pumpkin and I just can't go on. I'm going to end it all. Tell Linus I'm not coming this year either.

Good-bye"

Here's a thought: Leave a note where the pumpkin was, along with the seeds and inner pulp, saying something like:

"There's nothing for me in being a pumpkin, I have no ambition, no meaning in my life. A GOURD! I could have been a gourd! But no...I'm just a pumpkin and I just can't go on. I'm going to end it all. Tell Linus I'm not coming this year either.

Good-bye"

Is it bad that I'm considering doing just that?

Wow that is some nice work Bookie, you are obviously a craftsman judging by your attention to detail. We have our work cut out for us.

So I cheated in my own proposed contest:D

OK, not really. I DID draw the GRS, but looking at it and the pumpkin...I might have lost a finger trying it;)

I opted to use my 15" Bashpati, and it worked out better than I thought:)

20141005_180348_resized.jpg
The match up: 15" Bashpati vs $5 pumpkin my wife picked up for me

20141005_180533_resized.jpg
The top came off pretty easily. It was a series of stab, smack the buttcap with my palm, wiggle, wrench out, repeat.

20141005_181357_resized.jpg
A Jack-o-lantern without a nose? That's the silliest thing I've ever gourd.

20141005_181602_resized.jpg
Success!! Well, not as successful as Bookie's, but I only had 10 minutes before it got dark on me:p

Attachments

• 20141005_180610_resized.jpg
    20141005_180610_resized.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 21
Back