Khuk-o-Lattern Challenge

Here's a shot of the rare Jack-o-Russell Terrorizer.
20141005_181612_resized.jpg

Actually, that's just my dog eating pumpkin guts. Won't touch boloney, will eat the seeds and rind of a dirty old pumpkin. He does it every single year.

How much for the little girl?, I want to buy the little girl.

The photo of her and the punkin is priceless. It really put a smile on my face tonight.

Hehe, Kids are great! I love that when they start getting to the little devil stage I can pack em up and send them back to their parents :D

For you youngsters, this is a quote from BLUES BROTHERS, when they are in the Posh restaurant, trying get the band back together. Belushi goes on to bid for all the women in the family at an adjacent table.

And I think the carving should go all the way through so light can shine out, even though the "etched" pumpkin is magnificent,

Tighten up these rules, Jake.

I tells ya, it's like herding cats in here, Kis.
These guys are unmanageable:D

Also, how did I miss the Blues Brother's quote? I haven't seen it in 10 years, but I've seen it like 6 times.:foot:

I've seen it probably 20 times and I'd watch it again if it was on tonight. Should be played in school as an educational film.

John Belushi was an absolute gem. You didn't think I make up all this stuff myself did ya? That would be creative or something, not in my jeans, or gene's, ok cells OK?

You think we're unmanageable Steely? We tries to behave, really we does.

That was from the Blues Brothers - John Belushi (Jake) at Chez Paul, when they went to get Mr. Fantastic (the trumpet player).

I know, I know, I need to get a life.

A side splitter for yall.

Yesterday a very nice perfect condition triangle box was found on my front porch. It contained a 15", 12" and a bawanna bowie inside.
I opened it at the dinner table after eating. Wife rolls her eyes every time she sees a triangle box anymore. Anyhow she was in the loop on the pumpkin challenge and picked me up 3 victims.

Well as luck would have it I pulled each knife out in perfect order biggest (awesome) to smallest (equally awesome, first run short handle version IBBB).

I kid you not she says, did you get these just to carve those pumpkins?!!! I told her contrary to what she might feel at the moment I was not and never have been a loser cept when I buy raffle tickets anywhere but here of course.
And I needed the right tool for the contest! Besides she got 800 $$ worth of tires on her car yesterday, hmmmm.

Things deteriorated from that point until brutal honesty reared it's ugly head and I had to tell her they was somebody else's and I have to give em back after I whittle on em some. That of course will be a sad day but yesterday made it all worth while.

A side splitter for yall.

Yesterday a very nice perfect condition triangle box was found on my front porch. It contained a 15", 12" and a bawanna bowie inside.
I opened it at the dinner table after eating. Wife rolls her eyes every time she sees a triangle box anymore. Anyhow she was in the loop on the pumpkin challenge and picked me up 3 victims.

Well as luck would have it I pulled each knife out in perfect order biggest (awesome) to smallest (equally awesome, first run short handle version IBBB).

I kid you not she says, did you get these just to carve those pumpkins?!!! I told her contrary to what she might feel at the moment I was not and never have been a loser cept when I buy raffle tickets anywhere but here of course.
And I needed the right tool for the contest! Besides she got 800 $$ worth of tires on her car yesterday, hmmmm.

Things deteriorated from that point until brutal honesty reared it's ugly head and I had to tell her they was somebody else's and I have to give em back after I whittle on em some. That of course will be a sad day but yesterday made it all worth while.

Should've told her you were going to use them to carve, and then send them back for a refund...lol. She'd probably kill ya. I don't mind, try to carve a pumpkin, or two, or three, with'em, I'm sure you'll produce a pumpkin, much better than I ever will, and then I'll be able to say, "remember that pumpkin challenge, remember Bawanna's entry, well, here's the tools that did the work"...lol.

I would've given a kidney to have been there yesterday, and see your wife's expression when she saw the three knives, and then your comment about needing the right tools for the contest...lol, that would've been priceless.

The look on the boys eyes when I pulled that 15"er out was priceless, mom too.

Probably very similar to the look on my face when Auntie handed me a Giant Chitlangi Bowie at her place. Why if my drool cups hadn't got caught up on my shirt collar my jaw probably would of hit the ground.

I really do love your little IBBB and the chance to hold it side by side with my antler enhanced. They are sweet either way.

I'll take very good care of them, of that you can be sure.

I'll take very good care of them, of that you can be sure.

Of that, I am very sure, wouldn't trust my blades with just anybody, I don't allow non knife lovers to even touch my blades, gott a love blades to handle mine.

So I gave it a try. I sadly don't have any pictures because I wasn't the one taking pictures. I used my WWII for the bulk of it, every now and then using my Suga for little things.

I had no idea the pumpkin juices would start to patina/corrode the blade so quickly. In less than half an hour I already had little bits that weren't just a cloudy blue color, but I had some orange. The moment I got home I went at it hard with CLP, and even scrubbed with the scouring pad of a kitchen sponge. I'll be keeping an eye on them for the next few days to make sure they don't develop any serious rust.

it won't rust badly. It'll just give it a little character;) I use straight muriatic acid (eats concrete) and it won't cause a rust issue unless i do absolutely nothing to rinse it off/neutralize it.

it won't rust badly. It'll just give it a little character;) I use straight muriatic acid (eats concrete) and it won't cause a rust issue unless i do absolutely nothing to rinse it off/neutralize it.

Character I'm good with. The speed with which it left its marks shocked me however.

This is a fun thread. Jake, your daughter is beautiful. Just checking in. I miss y'all.

Andy! Good to see you, bro:) I MAY be taking some personal time next summer to get to Blade. I'll be hitting up your table for sure.

Thanks for the compliment on Evelyn. Thankfully she takes after her mother...got my ornery streak though.

This coming weekend is time to carve pumpkins for real. I'm going to use an HI knife for sure. I'll take more pics.

Fun fact, if you leave a jack o lantern in the rain for a week it will grow white mold that will spill out of its mouth:barf:.
I'll post a pic of its execution to take place tomorrow. I dunno if it's going to get a clean GRS death or go down in a volley of arrows. If it's really gross, it may get burned at the stake. Stay tuned;)

Back