Khuk-o-Lattern Challenge

I chose a 20" Ang Khola for this one. Maybe I should have bought a bigger pumpkin...
IMG_2724_zpsd0a860cf.jpg~original

IMG_2725_zps3819dfe9.jpg~original

Turned out to be a bit tougher than I was expecting but I managed to get the top cut off in a somewhat clean manner.
IMG_2726_zps72984742.jpg~original

IMG_2727_zps00b72be2.jpg~original

Drilling out the eyes.
IMG_2729_zpsba2c5967.jpg~original

Cutting the mouth.
IMG_2733_zpsc6389b27.jpg~original

Carefully carving the nose and eyebrows.
IMG_2741_zps208dd2ad.jpg~original

And it's done! He had a little too much pumpkin ale last night, and with all the jostling around he ended up getting a bit sick...
IMG_2743_zps91c93616.jpg~original

IMG_2748_zpsef0f12e3.jpg~original

Nicely done, now turn the stove on and let him feel the heat! Teach him to overindulge by golly!

And I just got a text from your missus, to put it briefly, that stove better be freaking spotless Mr.

Laughing moi fanny perpendicular off, Philllll.

Last edited:
Nice one phillll! Must have been some kind of salmonella or something on that blade that made it sick! That hat looks dang good on ya man!

LoL, the jostling is what made him sick? NOT the having the top of his head removed with a 20" AK? LOL, great job. It is going to be tough, I don't envy the judges who have to pick the winners of this challenge.

Nice work everyone.

What a cutie, Jake. :)

I'll see if I can destroy a punkin' this weekend with my 17 3/4" Bura WW2...or if I sissy out my 12 3/4" Dil AK...

:)
Mark

Excellent job ;) Love the barf:D

Sorry I haven't been around much. Work is kicking my but this week:p

Well bawanna and mrs bawanna tackled our pumpkin bulldogging this evening.

I felt really bad I didn't have the hat, or the T shirt or the manicured mustache that Philll had. I thought about wearing my ninja turtle costume but it's at the cleaners in preparation for trick or treating. I hate houses with steps.

Ooops! Houston? We have a problem.

Aw a little spray paint and we're good to go.

I kind of followed Phillll's lead in removing the cranial cover while trying carefully to retain all digits of both hands.

The missus ably applying the manakamana hasiya.

She copied a picture, I decided to do a self portrait.

Nice Job both of you. I like the handlebar mustache, that when lit up looks like fangs.
And using the hasiya that way to do that style carving is a nifty idea. Her Jill-O-Lantern looks cheerful, maybe she is in a good mood. this might be the right time to order a new khuk while she is feeling cheerful :D

Excellent work:)

My wife, daughter and I carved three tonight. I cheated. I used a HISK, but it turned out well:)
Pics to come.

Love them Bawanna and Mrs. B!
Here I thought I'd be the smart alek and do a watermelon...ya beat me to the joke!

I have one small pie punkin so far, we'll get more soon.

Nice work all ya'll,
Mark

I kind of resemble that smart alek comment. Sometimes I've been known to be one.

When it comes to khukri pumpkin carving I do believe bigger is better in regards to the subject matter.
Small detail work if right out the window.

The phrase Painting with a broad brush comes to mind.

Ha! I really thought you were going to carve that watermelon. You said your eyes were bad. Good thing you had the missus there with ya:thumbup: Cool Pumpkin! Little Hasiya was a great idea!

Would you let your wife carve "anything" with a knife bigger than a baby hasiya at the same table your sitting at?

It's the law of survival, law of the jungle as it were.

Back