1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiahdex Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Kiahdex Sheath Systems' started by SpookyPistolero, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    Dear Mr. SpokeyPickleero, your question has been submitted to our research department and should receive a response in 6-8 weeks.

:p
    Unless my memory is completely shot, which is fairly likely, that is a Karesuando. I forget the model. Handle was very nicely contoured and a nice size. Not nearly as secure as a 2000, but more comfortable IMO.

2. SpookyPistolero

SpookyPistolero

Dec 13, 2005
    Haha, thanks for the info ya hateful bastid!

3. Excellent work!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. STR

STR Knifemaker/Moderator Moderator

Aug 27, 2004
    I mailed off one of my fave little fixed blades of all time to Kiah a while back asking him to see about making me a custom fit kydex horizontal carry sheath for it. I've really enjoyed this little knife since buying it and would have had it on me more often with a better more convenient way to carry it than the leather that came with it. I had for a time set up the leather sheath that came with this knife so I could mount it on my belt and carry the blade but when the leather stretched out and the knife started falling out I knew that was not going to work any longer.

Shown here is Kiah's cure for my problems. Not only does this sheath fit the blade and hold it very well but he incorporated a very neat feature in this so it actually tucks the handle in on your belt for where I carry it. With other sheaths I've owned in the past I've noted how yeah, they were horizontal carry but the handle was forced out so you could actually see it poking out from under your shirt. This one does not do that and there is no worry of the blade coming out accidentally. Its a very nice snug tight fit yet easy to pull out when you need it. I don't know if you can appreciate the thickness of this sheath but this is thicker kydex than any other sheath I've ever had made. The one I had done for my North American Black Widow revolver is paper thin by comparison and yet it cost more! Go figure.

Kiah I thank you for your work here. I'm very pleased with the purchase and shown here is some shots of it on my belt as well as some of my other carry companions on most days, my Swiss Tool by Victorinox and my 32 auto Seecamp pistol. :thumbup:

STR

Attached Files:

5. lovemoney

lovemoney

Feb 23, 2007
    came out very nice.good thinking to angle the sheath into your torso,its more discreet.im whating on a sheath from kiah now.will post pics when i get it.

6. lovemoney

lovemoney

Feb 23, 2007
    got my sheath in the mail today.it is top notch.fit and finish are oerfect.its for my harkins fighter.kiahs work is awesome.i hope you guys like the pics.

Attached Files:

7. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    I like it. :cool::D

8. JCavSD

JCavSD

Jun 27, 2007
    Here are a couple pics of my Bark River Colonial Patch knife and the sheath that Kiah worked up for it. Sorry about the crappy webcam pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In use at Anza Borrego State Park last weekend. Clips easily to the shoulder strap of my Maxpedition Malaga. Carried in upside down position all day and held perfectly tight.
    [​IMG]

Excellent work!

9. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Nice! :thumbup:

11. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    Glad you like it Russ, 'cause I put one in the box with your lighter sheath before dropping it off. ;)

12. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Whaaaat!:eek: You have a PM, bud!:D:thumbup:

14. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    :thumbup::thumbup: excellent :thumbup::thumbup:

[​IMG]

When I get the carbon allround, it'll be even better.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  16. homegrown1424

homegrown1424

Jan 11, 2008
    Is there any orange kydex

17. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    There is. In fact, Kiah just made me a kick-ass machete rig in orange, have yet to get pics up here.

18. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Just a quick shot, will put up a few more later. :)

[​IMG]
    Fiskars 14" Hatchet
    Mora Allround
    Condor 14" El Salvador Machete

Forgive the color, will get better ones when lighting conditions are better.

19. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    A few more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The machete and rig is the newest. A Victorinox Paring Knife is piggybacked. Kiah included several mounting options: pack strap / shoulder strap (shown), drop loop with several heights, short loop, drop-leg buckle. I'll do a review on the whole kaboodle once I've used it all for a while. :thumbup:

20. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee

Dec 12, 2009
    Amazing looking sheaths. I would like to get my hands on a couple