Kiku Matsuda Collection

Beowolf Agate

Gold Member
So I have collected these 28 knives and one hatchet from Master Kiku over the past few years.
All are on two magnetic holders in my office, and haven't seen much use. I just love the way they look and feel....
I have plenty of other knives that are users.....

6D74B4AA-A8C9-440B-A1AC-917E28F177C0.jpeg

FFFC7E1D-56AB-45D7-AF9A-1A61CE46203B.jpeg

"Let's negotiate in my office. I'm sure you'll be more comfortable there."

I like it.

Meanwhile, do you find the handles on some of those to be a bit short? In particular, I'm looking at the long blade on the left side of the top picture. (Also, I kinda like the looks of the stubby little SOG Kiku XR, but I'm afraid the handle may be too small for my hand.)

"Let's negotiate in my office. I'm sure you'll be more comfortable there."

I like it.

Meanwhile, do you find the handles on some of those to be a bit short? In particular, I'm looking at the long blade on the left side of the top picture. (Also, I kinda like the looks of the stubby little SOG Kiku XR, but I'm afraid the handle may be too small for my hand.)
Top photo, left hand blade is the Kagemusha (KM-885).

The handle is 5 1/4" and fits my hand perfectly, and the knife weighs 23oz and nicely balanced and not too heavy for one-handed use, to keep the cats under control, you know!

BEF83CC6-C925-4AD6-90FC-DF91E7C4CAA0.jpeg

Last edited:
Since you've collected a bunch of these, could you identify a real/fake Kiku based on pictures? There's a Betsu Kamui in spg-2 on a local site supposedly bought from JKD in 2013 but he has no receipts, only pictures of the knife itself.
I tried to reverse image search and i ended up on a chinese website selling the same knife but the website had a lot of stolen pictures..

Since you've collected a bunch of these, could you identify a real/fake Kiku based on pictures? There's a Betsu Kamui in spg-2 on a local site supposedly bought from JKD in 2013 but he has no receipts, only pictures of the knife itself.
I tried to reverse image search and i ended up on a chinese website selling the same knife but the website had a lot of stolen pictures..
I'm no expert, so I'd suggest contacting Jemmy or Koki at JKD, or Daniel O'Malley at Blade Gallery. Good luck!

Back