Kirilov custom knives

I want to show something a bit different now. This is my first self forged damascus and my first complete forged on my own knife. The layer count is 176. The core is 52100 tool steel differently quenched at 59-61 HRC. the rest is soft steel and nickel mesh. the blade length is 4 5/8'' and OAL is 9" Handle is brass/G10/cross section of stab oak and stab. poplar burl. Comments are welcome.

That looks great. The oak bull's eye is a focal point and it flows well from there, with a nice color transition in the burl. I love the balance between the damascus and the burl.

Hello gentleman, I want to present to you two knives made 10 000km away of each other and the best slipjoint mentor I ever had. Everything started for me during the lockdown caused by COVID virus, like a month ago. Locked at home i had more time to work on knives and my main passion slipjoints. I started to look for mentor I can learn from and I had the best of luck to come across Chris Taylor. He instantly jumped into this project, sharing a lot of hies time to take pictures and make detail descriptions of hies steps in making slipjoint knife. The amount I learned was eyeopening for me and rised the quality of my knives so much compared to one I made before. Chris answered all of my questions and showed me tricks that made me so excited that i had hard time to go to sleep ( our communication was mainly at night for me ) I want to say that he is one of best teachers I come across in my life.
About knife, This is my first attempt to do 2 blader and 1 st attempt in this shape. I used RWL-34 steel for the blade hardened at 64 HRC 2 5/8" small is 2 3/16 and OAL is 6 1/8'. Handle is stainless and stabilized alder, shield is stainless and brass.

The knife Chris have made during my mentorship:
99269467_169408547841447_4575166882172108800_n by Nikolay Kirilov, on Flickr

The knife I made:

IMG-2297 by Nikolay Kirilov, on Flickr
IMG-2299 by Nikolay Kirilov, on Flickr
IMG-2300 by Nikolay Kirilov, on Flickr

Video:
Untitled by Nikolay Kirilov, on FlickrIMG-2304 by Nikolay Kirilov, on Flickr

Last edited:
"The Red planet" Slipjoint
Mars slipjoint by Nikolay Kirilov, on Flickr
https://flic.kr/p/2jeXV4H