Kitchen and barbeque

PDQ knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello everybody.
I present you my latest works. The first one is some kind of medium size kitchen knife, made in a ladder pattern damascus steel (300 layers of 15N20 and 1070). The blade length is 6 1/2", the thickness is 0,079" and the overall length is 11".
The handle is made of natural olive wood.
The knife stand is made of a solid piece of oak.
XjuZta5.jpg

dkcjXS3.jpg

hqoMhV4.jpg

5nnjEAn.jpg

CGxu0D7.jpg

UasGBPg.jpg

The next one is a BBQ knife, will be a gift for the custommer's sister.
The blade is made from a round bar of 9260 steel. The blade length is 6 1/2", the thickness is 0,12", and the overall length is 11 1/4".
The handle is made of natural guayacán wood.
The sheath is extremly simple...
j5mrNiR.jpg

PXNrF3B.jpg

I'm sorry about the pictures, they are not quite good as i wanted.
I hope you like them.

Best regards.

They are both beautiful. The first one.... almost too pretty to use, but I'd use the ever loving heck out of it!

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your comments.

Very nice work. Now you need to do an "asado sword" that can be used on one of those sides of beef hanging on a steel cross over the fire. :D I suspect that some folks on here might want to know where you found that round bar 9260.

Thank you very much!
When i say barbeque i mean "asado". I never had done an "asado" the way you say, the most common way is with a grill.
Here in Argentina 9260 is one of the most common spring steel just like 5160. Unfortunally other superior grade steels are difficult to find and when you do it, they are very expensive.

Thank for the comments!
John, is the second one that i made. I think there are a few thing that i wanna change in the next one, because it looks a little bit blocky to me.
Regards.

Back