Kitchen Knife Set

Odie808

Basic Member
I'm looking for a kitchen knife set without a block for a Christmas gift $100.00 limit

Is this for a home cook or a professional cook?
If you are looking for a professional cook, then I would suggest something from the Victorinox Fibrox series. You are getting your money's worth and it's NSF certified. The Rosewood series (posted by Old Navy) is a great set for home, but not great for a commercial kitchen (due to the wood handle...that's a no-no in many kitchens due to the ease of bacterial growth on wood handles).
It may be difficult to find a full kitchen set for $100 and under, so a partial set (like the 3-piece set above) may be your best bet...Another idea, may be getting a single Mid-range Chef knife (Shun was the go-to for mid-range kitchen knives years ago, but I'm not sure what's hot anymore for that segment) and getting it engraved for them.

It's for home,I will look into them. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
If a block isn't necessary it opens up some purchasing options because you aren't locked into the provided sets.

The Wusthof Gourmet line is an excellent value. Right now if you search you can find a Wusthof Gourmet 2 Piece Starter Set for $90. That's an 8" chef's knife and a pairing knife. Kept sharp, that is all a home cook really needs.

Back