Kitchen Knife Stand

i am looking for a device or design for holding a saya so it stands on a counter top. I finally made a santoku for my wife and she complained that it looked too pretty to stick in the drawer.

You could make a stand similar to the ones people use to display Japanese swords.
I found something that will work that is similar to the sword holder. If I can figure how to post pictures I will forward it.

I found something that will work that is similar to the sword holder. If I can figure how to post pictures I will forward it.

If you want more ideas, I just remembered that Jay Fisher makes a lot of display stands for his knives and sheaths, so you might want to look at his website for ideas. Please post pics when you're done, I love seeing this kind of work! :thumbsup:

Is there something wrong about this type of knife block to store and display kitchen knives?
knife_Block.jpg

In fact there can be.Over time it can become a real collector of "stuff" that can be very unpleasant to carry from there on a knife to the food to be worked on. Not much of a chance of anything happening you say?
Frank

I ordered some driftwood grapevine branch that I'm going to make into a display for an upcoming project. I've seen some cool displays from some European show were a piece of metal sticks up and holds the handle and the point is in the wood platform. I recently had a customer ask me to make him a display for his desk for a Bowie knife I made him I'm going to have it hold the handle about 3 inches above the platform and have the blade rest in a slight depression or groove
Gilbert .

In fact there can be.Over time it can become a real collector of "stuff" that can be very unpleasant to carry from there on a knife to the food to be worked on. Not much of a chance of anything happening you say?
Frank

Not sure about you, but my knives are clean and dry before they go back in the block. But to each their own I guess.

I like the ones that are an open end block filled with 1/8" or so bamboo skewers. They fit any size knife, and you can clean it out if you want to. I agree that my knives are clean before they go in the block anyway.

Back