Kizer 2016 New product alert -- Rogue(Ki3480)--Dirk Pinkerton!!!

Hello Guys,
After Chinese New Year,we will have a busy and better business! :)

Today , the new item is Rogue by Dirk Pinkerton.
Rogue is perfectly suited as a small,lightweight Urban Carry.
From a letter opener to an extremely effective self-defense tool,
the Rogue features an ergonomic handle with jimpinp and a modified
wharncliffe blade with multiple grip rests.

Link:http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b428/kizernews/Kizer Forum/Kizer 2016/Ki3480_zpscdsvv7ol.png
Ki3480 Image:

Model No.: KI3480
Model Name: Rogue
Designer: Dirk Pinkerton

Blade Material CPM-S35VN
Blade Thickness0.157"(4mm)
Blade Length3.05"(77.5mm)
Overall Length7.14"(181.4mm)
Handle Material6AL4V Titanium
Weight4.01oz(103.8g)
MSRP166USD

If you want more information, please log in our website :www.kizerknives.com

I need one of these. I'm guessing it will land at around $140 street?

The only issue I see is that the pocket clip doesn't live up to the rest of this awesome knife.

Looking forward to it. Just the right size. I figure a street price of $115-$135.

Kizer said this was coming out eventually with a Flipper version. I hope they keep the thumb stud on it. And I do like the deep carry clip that most Kizers dont seem to have.

The only issue I see is that the pocket clip doesn't live up to the rest of this awesome knife.

Thanks for kind words. :) This was almost a drop point knife. After considering all of the style Kizer had going, I thought this was the better choice.

What type of clip would you like to see?

I like the clip and the fact that it is NOT a flipper! Great design and added to my want list :)

Thanks for kind words. :) This was almost a drop point knife. After considering all of the style Kizer had going, I thought this was the better choice.

I think a sculpted clip would look good. Another think could just be the fact that the anodizing makes it pop out much more. The clip isn't bad looking at all, I'm just not q major fan of low rider clips. This knife could push me to buy a Kizer though. It looks simply amazing.

I'd rather see a clip with no color. The gray matte finish of the handle, broken only by the black relief lines kind of needs a contrasting, non-colored clip. So I guess either gray or black, and something totally straight with no curve or mid-clip bulge so the clip compliments the straight, parallel grooves in the handle. That's just my opinion though. I have trouble matching socks.

It's not a big deal, I'll be buying the knife anyway :D

I'd rather see a clip with no color. The gray matte finish of the handle, broken only by the black relief lines kind of needs a contrasting, non-colored clip. So I guess either gray or black, and something totally straight with no curve or mid-clip bulge so the clip compliments the straight, parallel grooves in the handle. That's just my opinion though. I have trouble matching socks.

It's not a big deal, I'll be buying the knife anyway :D

I totally agree. The clip should be gray, black or matte chrome to match the colors of the handle. I'm still getting one. It should be handy little EDC. Thumb studs only opening is fine too.

If you want to change the anodizing on the pocket clip, that's all good with me, but please don't go with a sculpted or carved clip. Those are almost invariably terrible at actually providing the correct spring tension to hold the knife in place and, unlike spring clips, cannot be adjusted. This knife has the looks of a great workhorse. No need for any silliness like sculpted ti clips.

I have one on the way. I'm a little concerned about how the clip will affect the grip. Deep carry clips stick out further than conventional clips and can negatively affect grip, in my experience. I don't understand why a deep carry clip would be mounted in that location. Seems like a conventional clip could have been mounted at the end and achieved the same amount of pocket concealment. Or a deep carry clip could have been mounted at the end and been truly deep carry.

I have one on the way. I'm a little concerned about how the clip will affect the grip. Deep carry clips stick out further than conventional clips and can negatively affect grip, in my experience. I don't understand why a deep carry clip would be mounted in that location. Seems like a conventional clip could have been mounted at the end and achieved the same amount of pocket concealment. Or a deep carry clip could have been mounted at the end and been truly deep carry.

I understand what your saying. Positioning a pocket clip of any type can be a little challenging. In the case of the Rogue, I don't think you should have any problem with the clip effecting the grip on the knife. The clip is fairly narrow and centrally positioned on a fairly wide handle.

I understand what your saying. Positioning a pocket clip of any type can be a little challenging. In the case of the Rogue, I don't think you should have any problem with the clip effecting the grip on the knife. The clip is fairly narrow and centrally positioned on a fairly wide handle.

Thanks for the reply. You're probably right. I'm excited for this one! I'll post my impressions when I get it.

Back