Kizer 2017 New- Toro(Ki4503) designed by Matt Diskin

Designer - Matt Diskin

From the high-tech world of robotics to the forges of a knife maker, Matt Diskin spent over twenty years crafting designs combining intricate mechanics with precision machining, creating a distinctive design philosophy that separates Diskin’s design from the crowd.

Toro(Ki4503) -NEW

“Play with the bulls and you’ll get the horns”, as the sayings go. The Toro embodies the essence of that warning in its full glory.

Slim ergonomic handles avoiding hot spots facilitates a comfortable grip in any angle, ample blade-to-handle ratio provides plentiful of cutting surface to fit any need.

Double Detent, intricate clip design

A full sculpted back spacer protects the edge when closed and featuring a hardened lock bar insert unique to the Diskin design.

Ki4503(Toro)

Steel: CPM-S35VN

Handle: 6AL4V Titanium

Blade Length: 3.96’’/100.58mm

Overall: 8.83’’/224.28mm

Weight: 5.28oz/ 164.99g

MSRP: 290USD

For more update news, please follow our official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kizercutlery_inc/

Kizer Diskin Toro S35VN titanium frame lock bearings flipper is in stock at BladeHQ for $203.00.

Last edited:
I like this one. What is the purpose of the screw end on the show side for?

I think it's securing the spring bar for the secondary detent, which is behind the show-side scale. The original custom/midtech(?) has this too. I don't know why it's not a blind hole. Some people find it an eyesore, but for me it's a cool reminder that the knife is mechanically unconventional. Comparing photos with the original, it looks like they produced his design with minimal changes.

Last edited:
like everhthing about it except for the fancy'ish pivot. distracts from the whole rest of the knife. still, love big bladed folders. looks like a winner.

I think it's securing the spring bar for the secondary detent, which is behind the show-side scale. The original custom/midtech(?) has this too. I don't know why it's not a blind hole. Some people find it an eyesore, but for me it's a cool reminder that the knife is mechanically unconventional. Comparing photos with the original, it looks like they produced his design with minimal changes.
That's right!

feedback......

box labeling wrong1505341277167951127090.jpg

pocket clip is terrible. have to lift to go over jeans due to design and has zero retention to hold the knife. first pocket clip that is hard to put on your pocket and too easy to remove. in other words easy to lose.

other than that great knife. good lockup...great job.

Last edited:
Hey JB! Congrats on that bad boy!
Are you loving it? Maybe a couple more pics??
Really interested in this one.
Thanks!
Joe

feedback......

box labeling wrongView attachment 764758

pocket clip is terrible. have to lift to go over jeans due to design and has zero retention to hold the knife. first pocket clip that is hard to put on your pocket and too easy to remove. in other words easy to lose.

other than that great knife. good lockup...great job.

Hey JB! Congrats on that bad boy!
Are you loving it? Maybe a couple more pics??
Really interested in this one.
Thanks!
Joe
yes Sir. ask and ya shall receive...1505518898852405069159.jpg 15055190330011405105833.jpg 1505519118515517050262.jpg

came sharp. great fit and finish. real winner, cause i like big folders. well thought out design ergos and such. pocket clip excluded...do not like it.

pocket clip excluded...do not like it
That's a shame. This is one of the few things they changed from Diskin's midtech design. The ball seems like a bad idea. I hope someone comes up with a replacement.

Last edited:
Bought the knife. Immediately hated the unnecessary (ridiculous in my opinion, pure gimmick) 2nd detent & bar inset into the show side scale. It ruined the action for me, even more so upon closing the blade.

So...I took the knife apart. I removed the secondary detent completely. Cleaned out, lubed with 85 wt. Nano oil, reassembled the knife and found that the primary detent was so weak (on its own, as it was set) the blade would fall out way too easily. It was clearly set up (initially) to rely on additional pressure from the secondary detent. I was bummed out.

Took it apart again, gently bent the lockbar to the right, towards the show side. I had to experiment a few times to tune it just right, but eventually got it to absolute PERFECTION. It now rockets open and glides shut as beautifully as any of my Shirogorovs or Thoburns. And that one, original detent sucks the blade in upon closing just like it should...nice & firmly. I was extremely happy with the change.

Lived with it for a few days. I decided there was one last thing I thought would make this knife even better...so I carefully cut and polished a detent ramp for the original, remaining detent. It is now 100% perfect. I LOVE this knife. One of the best actions, opening & closing...of all the knives I own. And it's got a beefy blade and great flipper tab geometry, so it opens with real authority...with a confidence inspiring "thwak" and a solid 25% lockup. You just have to find that happy medium of lock bar pressure so you have a nice & effective, snappy detent but don't bend the lock bar so far that it becomes unpleasant/too hard on the thumb to disengage the lockbar. But if you get it just right, oh man, is this an awesome flipper.

Perfectly centered, zero play in any direction, gorgeous & useful blade, great flipper design, beautiful overall aesthetic design, great ergos, high flat grind, thin enough behind the edge to be a great slicer and it's now a total pleasure to flip, close and repeat & repeat & repeat. Smooth as glass. Sharp out of the box. Solid as a rock. Strong enough for any task I'd realistically throw at it. And for its size, feels really nice, not too heavy in the hand or pocket. I'll be edc-ing this one a lot.

The last thing I may do is put a 15º mirror polished edge on it to make it truly complete. But it is absolutely fantastic after the modifications even without a new edge. But I love overkill. Try these changes if you do these sorts of mods to your knives. You'll change a knife that seemed like a 6 or 7 out of the box (solely due to it's weird & unsatisfying action, due to the double detents)...into a 10! It is now truly awesome!

Last edited:
Back