• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kizer Customer Support is AWFUL!!

I got as a gift a Velox 2 that came heavily Loctited and with a lockbar that is not tuned properly, either; the lockbar tension is way too strong. The pivot is not captive, either, and the non-show side of the pivot does not have a receptacle for a driver, so loosening the pivot is just about impossible. I've torn down tons of knives, and I cannot tear this one down.

I tried contacting customer service, and they told me to make a video. I made them a video and then they said that they can't view it! I told them that they need to download it from my Google Drive, and they won't do that, either. Then I uploaded the video to youtube, and they STILL say they can't see it, and in every freaking email, they tell me to loosen the pivot, even though it's impossible to loosen it and I've tried every way I can -- even cutting into both sides of the pivo with a Dremel! Kizer customer support is absolutely awful. I'm disgusted with them.

Yeah, my one and only contact with their customer service went like this.

ME:What tool will fit the pivot on the Kizer GTi, in case I need to adjust the pivot, or tighten it?
KIZER:There is no tool we know of that will fit it.
ME:Then how do you install them at the factory?
KIZER:......crickets chirping.........

Yay!! One more company right next to BM and ZT that I won’t buy from! Thanks y’all.

I’ve had bad experiences with ZT haha they’re on my definitely on my no-go list

I'm not defending Kizer - I have no experience with their CS - but keep in mind that Google and YouTube are banned in China. One likely explanation for why they cannot see your videos.

I'm not defending Kizer - I have no experience with their CS - but keep in mind that Google and YouTube are banned in China. One likely explanation for why they cannot see your videos.
Definitely true, and others have pointed that out before. In their defense, they asked me to attach a video. I took the video with my phone, and I didn't bother to fiddle with the resolution controls, resulting in the video being about 250MB big, which is far too large to attach to an email. First I shared the enclosing Google folder with them, and they said they couldn't see the video (whether because it was blocked or because they needed to download the video and they didn't understand that). Then I uploaded it to youtube. When they couldn't see that, either, I just gave up on the video bit. Frustrations continued to ensue, where they stonewalled in email after email after email, constantly telling me to remove the pivot, when I kept telling them that I couldn't do it.

Back