Kizer Dirk Pinkerton Nomad

Has anyone had experience with the new Kizer Nomad by Dirk Pinkerton? I will be getting mine on Friday but cant wait to hear the reviews and thought on this knife. Please if you have experience with this knife let me know what you think. Thank you

I hope you like yours! I would be interested in hearing what you think when you get it.

This one????
f74a4a9eb9dcceb3f091eed73fa6ae4c.jpg

ec99d3502e5777b0477947427351fe70.jpg

17539ed24aa3a5d78999082f33be4976.jpg

12b8e0b9681fc2e55c0fe48d8c67312f.jpg

[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

I saw a picture of this bad boy and I knew I NEEDED one immediately!!!
The knife is simply amazing!!!
Feels perfect in hand.....no hot spots to speak of & very comfy!!
The machining on it is totally incredible!! I find my self staring at it all the time!!
Flips like a dream!! Smooth as butter and locks up tight as a drum!! I flip it constantly!!
Nice early lock up with steel insert. No movement whatsoever!
The 2 attributes that sold it to me are the machining on the handles and that stupid cool blade shape!!
All in all I am THRILLED with the knife.....Mr Pinkerton has an amazing design eye!!
The 1 and only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the lock bar. It reminds me of the G. Bradley. Where thumb is placed to unlock is even with the other side of the knife so you have to 'dig' your thumb in there to close the knife.......that is the ONLY thing I didn't like......and it is a small thing that in no way hinders enjoying this awesome knife!!!
If you like the look.....grab one!! You won't be disappointed!!

And Mr Pinkerton???? Congratulations on getting your gorgeous, and unique looking, knife into production!!! I am one extremely satisfied knife owner!!!
I am a sharpening noob and was having a little trouble with the blade shape.....didn't want to mess it up!!! Sent it to Jason B for a screaming edge...it arrived at his place yesterday and he let me know I won't be getting it back because he fell in love with it!![emoji3][emoji3]
Pics don't really do it justice......you have to get it in hand!!
Hope this helps!
Joe

love the look! thanks for the impressions. I only wish it wasn't a flipper. Just me, but my least favorite opening mechanism.
Otherwise looks amazing!

Very humbling commentary. WOW, thank you!

The first prototypes were actually not flippers but, thumbers. The majority of feedback was for a flipper. I am not a huge fan of flippers but, I do really believed the Noamd looked and functioned better as a flipper. A non flipper Nomad prototype might show up in the Vanguard line.

I, for one, am really glad it's a flipper! Not that I'm a flipper fan boy, but this knife flips like a dream!!
Joe

Hey Joe,
really interested in this model. How is the satin finish on the handle holding up? Does it scratch easily in your experience?

Hey SW!!!
It's naked Ti and looks as good now as when I opened the box!
Also, feels great in hand!
It was sharp out of the box..... it not screaming and gleaming so I sent it to Jason B here on the forum for a dirty filthy edge!! I was having trouble sharpening that blade shape.
When Jason got it he let me know I wouldn't be getting it back......he fell in love with it!! It's that kind of knife!
Obviously......I am really loving this bad boy!
Joe

Hey SW!!!
It's naked Ti and looks as good now as when I opened the box!
Also, feels great in hand!
It was sharp out of the box..... it not screaming and gleaming so I sent it to Jason B here on the forum for a dirty filthy edge!! I was having trouble sharpening that blade shape.
When Jason got it he let me know I wouldn't be getting it back......he fell in love with it!! It's that kind of knife!
Obviously......I am really loving this bad boy!
Joe

Thanks! It really is such an attractive knife.

I hate to resurrect such an old thread but, I just ordered a Kizer Nomad, but then I also just discovered that it doesn't have a blade-stop pin, nor stop studs...what is the mechanism that stops the knife once in the open position and securely holds it there? How strong/stable is this knife? Thank you...

I hate to resurrect such an old thread but, I just ordered a Kizer Nomad, but then I also just discovered that it doesn't have a blade-stop pin, nor stop studs...what is the mechanism that stops the knife once in the open position and securely holds it there? How strong/stable is this knife? Thank you...
I was wondering the same thing, that's why I'm here reading up on this knife to find out.

I was wondering the same thing, that's why I'm here reading up on this knife to find out.

I believe it uses a floating stop pin attached to the tang of the knife which rides in a groove in both sides of the frame, like the Feist.

Back