Kizer Envoy Ki3493

Has anyone else played with anodizing an Envoy? I have one coming in the mail and I'm trying to decide how to anodize it. I might just do the faux bolster, backspacer, and pocket clip.

Mine arrived today, yes, I caved ;) but took a while to save up for her, glad I did, very nice knife.

I've owned the Gemini before and like this for the narrower blade, seems handier in that respect on a small folder.

A few things off the bat, some texture on the flipper tab would be handy, I may address that myself down the road with some texturing there.

Also on the locking bar, very smooth and not to easy to disengage, some texturing there would also help greatly but not something I would attempt in that area.

And I concur the detent is just right, this flips open very quickly and locks up solid, nice touch with the tab that extends down from the lock bar to prevent over travel.

The sharp transition to the start of the edge, always a pet peeve of mine, it is probably too hard to make that at a 45 degree angle so if material falls into that area it would slide up and out, instead of getting snagged, I radius'd mine to help ease material onto the edge.

The edge arrived fairly sharp, but now she is very sharp, it took a great edge and while it could have stood to have a thinner grind, it does cut well.

The clip is strong, on my double stitched pockets it is hard to get it to clip on there, will work on that.

This will knock the Tangram Sante Fe out of my pocket for a while, as I like the more secure guard area this provides...as well as some other obvious differences :)

Nicely done Kizer and who ever Azo is, I do admire your designs !
G2

Some quick shots of mine from tonight,

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

In our machine shop, I had a friend do a laser engraving into the flipper of a celtic knot which added a nice bit of texture to aid in flipping, also did some along the inside of the lock bar side to help in unlocking as well, much safer now to unlock the folder.

Really liking this one a lot, as others have commented, it feels like a small sebenza with a flipper and the S35vn blade took a nice bitey edge too, very sharp!
G2

If your question is directed to me, I no longer have that folder
G2

Back