Kizer factory grind angles?

So I have a few Kizer knives now, and one or two have come from the factory with a questionable level of sharpness. Not an issue, as this happens in production folders, but I was looking to sharpen them and I couldn't find anything anywhere on what the factory grind angles were for Kizer blade profiles.

As information, I tend to use a Spyderco Sharpmaker with med, fine, and ultra-fine stones to get shaving sharp out of most blades, but I didn't know what variance these angles may be from the factory. Just curious.

Most of mine could not be touched up on the Sharpmaker out of the box because the angles were too obtuse (greater than 20dps), so I reprofiled most of them at this point to 17dps. I did voice this to Tracy at Kizer in hopes that they would start making them "Sharpmaker compatible" out of the box.

yep just got my first kizer. very impressive build quality and fit and finish. not sure on heat treat yet? guess ill find out once i put 'er to work.

primary bevel angles are more than 15 degrees per side. not too much more maybe 22 to 25 range just guessing didnt measure it yet. i just adjust my grip to compensate for the angles and it sharpens fine on a sharpmaker. if you cant figure it out...use the sharpie trick to find the secondary bevel angle and hit it on the ceramic.

Back