Kizer Guru handle mod

Got another Kizer Guru (thumbstud version this time), love this knife. Previous owner had done some cool mods - drilled 3 holes in the scales (on the blank handled version), and anodized the handles dark bronze.

I chopped down the handles to remove the lanyard hole for a more compact version - I use the finger choil every time I use my other Guru, making the extra handle real estate useless for me. I also really like how much deeper the knife carries now (see last pic). Then polished the handle edges for looks.

W5Lzswh.jpg

8tOW7Kg.jpg

q2U2keT.jpg

nW9vFdU.jpg

yDpPOFq.jpg

anmiSox.jpg

That turned out great! Thanks for taking the plunge first :)

Have you considered doing the same to the front of the handle? I noticed there is a similar amount of extra up front too.

Last edited:
Have you considered doing the same to the front of the handle? I noticed there is a similar amount of extra up front too.
It hadn't crossed my mind, but since you mentioned it I took a look and definitely see what you mean. I really like the angles of the handle tops though, and am afraid I might not like the lines of the knife as much if they were rounded off...

Looks great! I'll have to try one... [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, thanks Degs!

Yeah man. I've got a few flat scale flippers left, I'll see what I can come up with. (When I find some time [emoji12])

When I designed the bolstered Kane for Kizer I had the hopes of a highly customizeable folder. (Like Burnleys kwaiken) I haven't seen too many, but am super happy to see some gurus getting cut up!

Right on Degs, can't wait to see what you come up with! Coming up with a platform that's highly mod-able is a great strategy, and the Guru is definitely in there. Great design!

Yeah man. I've got a few flat scale flippers left, I'll see what I can come up with. (When I find some time [emoji12])

When I designed the bolstered Kane for Kizer I had the hopes of a highly customizeable folder. (Like Burnleys kwaiken) I haven't seen too many, but am super happy to see some gurus getting cut up!

Will you do a reshape of a Guru I have?

Back