Kizer Ki3471 Laconico Gemini in stock at Knife Center!

Interesting, I have EXACTLY the same issue on my Gemini! Must be one of the batches that's affected. :( But I've not had time to fix it yet.
Same here. Super frustrating as I've tried everything I can think of to loosen the threads. My next idea is to use some quick-set metal epoxy to make a ghetto wrench to hold the back side. My epoxy if at work though, so I'll have to try it tomorrow.

*Edit* - I thought I'd give the heat another try, so this time I held a hair dryer on the pivot for about 5 minutes while I watched some Dexter (awesome show!). It still wasn't easy, but with a silicon baking sheet and leather glove I was able to hold the knife and keep the back side pivot screw from spinning. I also discovered that two of the standoff screws were stripped, even before I touched them.

I've been super impressed with the quality on the Kane, Dorato and Flashbang, but this Gemini is a serious, major step backwards. Like G2 said, maybe it's just a bad batch.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Well I decided to roll the dice and put it an order for a Gemini at GP Knives today. My first two Kizers (a 3404A3 and a Splinter) were just fine, so I hope I get a good Gemini. If not, I'm not as handy as some of you guys are, so I may have to send it back . . . especially if Kizer isn't responding to warranty requests. :(

I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Good news. I sent an e-mail to GP Knives last night detailing the issues some of you guys have experienced with your Geminis and asking them to examine their inventory. I received a reply letting me know that none of their staff has seen a bad Gemini come through their facility. So whatever caused the problems you experienced didn't affect them. They also told me that they don't have many Geminis left. So if you want a good one, you know where to get it. :)

Last edited:
My Gemini just arrived. It's dead-on perfect . . . cosmetically and functionally. The blade is centered when closed, the lockup is tight as a drum, and it flips like a dream. This is my third Kizer and it's the best one I've purchased so far. Based on my initial impressions, I'd have to call the Laconico/Kizer collaboration a complete success. :D

Way to go, Ray! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited:
I just ordered one yesterday from GP Knives I can't wait. I haven't tried out a Kizer yet so it'll be a new experience for me.

I assume it will be your first Laconico-designed knife as well. If it is, prepare to be delighted! Kizer did a bang-up job with them. :D

Had some time today to get some photos up, pretty knife all by itself and a great cutter too, but as I say, I did reprofile the bevel to get to that point, not a big deal to do but now she cuts so much better.

Kizer_closed.jpg~original

Kizer_spine.jpg~original

Kizer_clip.jpg~original

Kizer_open.jpg~original

Nice knife, lanyard has two diamond knots, first one to aid in retrieval from the pocket, last one to end the loop. Used a whip threadknot to prevent the lanyard from swinging around into the path of the blade.

G2

I assume it will be your first Laconico-designed knife as well. If it is, prepare to be delighted! Kizer did a bang-up job with them. :D

You assumed right, I've always loved Ray's designs and now I have one that is affordable to me.

Had some time today to get some photos up, pretty knife all by itself and a great cutter too, but as I say, I did reprofile the bevel to get to that point, not a big deal to do but now she cuts so much better.

Kizer_closed.jpg~original

Kizer_spine.jpg~original

Kizer_clip.jpg~original

Kizer_open.jpg~original

Nice knife, lanyard has two diamond knots, first one to aid in retrieval from the pocket, last one to end the loop. Used a whip threadknot to prevent the lanyard from swinging around into the path of the blade.

G2

Great pictures and awesome lanyard!

Thanks, I don't know of anyone else that contours Ti the way these guys do, simply amazing workmanship.
G2

Well...I didn't think the Gemini would be knocked out of pocket so quickly! BUT, a friend had bought the Intrepid and OUCH, out goes the Gemini and I'm ordering an Intrepid ;)

It's a larger knife overall, but really comfortable too, so, that is taking the Gemini's spot right away! Don't get me wrong, the Gemini is GREAT, actually the retention of the detent works a lot better in the Gemini more so than the Intrepid's but gotta go with the Intrepid!
G2

Well...I didn't think the Gemini would be knocked out of pocket so quickly! BUT, a friend had bought the Intrepid and OUCH, out goes the Gemini and I'm ordering an Intrepid ;)

It's a larger knife overall, but really comfortable too, so, that is taking the Gemini's spot right away! Don't get me wrong, the Gemini is GREAT, actually the retention of the detent works a lot better in the Gemini more so than the Intrepid's but gotta go with the Intrepid!
G2

I'm loving the looks of that bowie style blade on the intrepid, but I like the size of the Gemini better. I am loving my Gemini it has broken in very nicely.

I think that moved me across the border right there, love the blade shape, but also the thickness of the handle, it helps keep it positioned in the hand better, for me at least, but I know I'll miss the G's blade too, nice shape and a bit thinner than the I's
G2

Personally, Gemini wins hands down over Intrepid. Better EDC size and $50 less.

Personally, Gemini wins hands down over Intrepid. Better EDC size and $50 less.

Better EDC size for me as well. But then 4 ounces is pretty much my weight limit for an EDC folder and that takes the Intrepid out of contention.

I've really got to hand it to Kizer for producing so many great lightweight EDC knives. Reate hasn't gotten around to producing their first one yet. :(

My gemini is f**cking amazing. I bought it as a birthday present for myself, not thinking much of kizer as I previous had a 3404a3 that I really wasn't impressed with. This guy is on a whole new level. Unbelievable job, Kizer, can't wait to see what you guys come out with next (hopefully something around 3 inches again)!!

My gemini is f**cking amazing. I bought it as a birthday present for myself, not thinking much of kizer as I previous had a 3404a3 that I really wasn't impressed with. This guy is on a whole new level. Unbelievable job, Kizer, can't wait to see what you guys come out with next (hopefully something around 3 inches again)!!

I bought mine as a birthday present to myself as well and I couldn't agree more!

For most people and daily cutting chores the Full Flat Grind and thin 0.12" blade of the Gemini are a better fit than the hollow grind and 0.16" thick blade of the Intrepid. Let's not forget the two ounce weight difference of 3.65 oz. vs. 5.64 oz.

Back