Kizer Laconico Gemini Left-Handed Frame Lock

DavidZ

Gold Member
I finally took the plunge and bought my first Kizer. As a southpaw, I went for the lefty Gemini, as I sometimes miss my long since sold Sebenza. It arrived last week, and WOW was I blown away. It hasn't left my hand or pocket since. First impressions are important, and initially, I thought the packaging was over the top, but if your proud of your product, why not. And proud they should be! The fit and finish was perfect. The more I looked for a flaw, the more it became apparent there wasn't one. The flipping action was perfect. Blade grind was perfect. Centering perfect. I loved the way the handle slabs were tapered and the edge radius. Did I say perfect? The added details like the steel lock-bar insert, that also has an integral over travel stop was an unexpected surprise! They even thought of milling a pocket in the slab to accommodate this and keep the lock bar from moving toward the handle! This is an amazingly well thought out and executed knife. It was so impressive that I just ordered 2 more to give to my son and daughter! I know that they will appreciate them. Dare I say, that I no longer miss my Sebenza.
Get a Gemini, you will not be disappointed. Now I only wish that my lefty had the blue pocket clip and hardware like the right handed version!

I like the Gemini, my only problem is the handles are too slippery. Often found myself almost dropping it when flipping. Besides that, easily one of the best fit and finish knives I’ve owned.

I like the Gemini, my only problem is the handles are too slippery. Often found myself almost dropping it when flipping. Besides that, easily one of the best fit and finish knives I’ve owned.
The finish is fine for sure. I hook my fingers around the clip and that gives me the purchase I need to keep it stable. And, I love the clip!

I finally took the plunge and bought my first Kizer. As a southpaw, I went for the lefty Gemini, as I sometimes miss my long since sold Sebenza. It arrived last week, and WOW was I blown away. It hasn't left my hand or pocket since. First impressions are important, and initially, I thought the packaging was over the top, but if your proud of your product, why not. And proud they should be! The fit and finish was perfect. The more I looked for a flaw, the more it became apparent there wasn't one. The flipping action was perfect. Blade grind was perfect. Centering perfect. I loved the way the handle slabs were tapered and the edge radius. Did I say perfect? The added details like the steel lock-bar insert, that also has an integral over travel stop was an unexpected surprise! They even thought of milling a pocket in the slab to accommodate this and keep the lock bar from moving toward the handle! This is an amazingly well thought out and executed knife. It was so impressive that I just ordered 2 more to give to my son and daughter! I know that they will appreciate them. Dare I say, that I no longer miss my Sebenza.
Get a Gemini, you will not be disappointed. Now I only wish that my lefty had the blue pocket clip and hardware like the right handed version!
I somehow ended up with a Kizer a couple of weeks back. For the last couple years I might have accidentally looked at on on BladeHQ and just instantly thought of them as gas station knives. The one I got really impressed me so I hunted down another and damn, it was great too. I had never had any idea of the quality that is put into these knives.

Back