Kizer Tangram availability

After reading all this I am pretty sure that you don't have ebay account and you're avoiding honest US based sellers with store at ebay. Because you know ... just as on aliexpress there's a lot of clones and counterfeits too. Not as much as on aliexpress (explained above) but still ... a lot.
Oh wait ... :confused: /hypocrisy alert
On Ebay counterfeits can be reported and they do get taken down. Scamexpress will not do that. They are fine blatantly selling counterfeits. Big difference.

That's something I agree with. China is nowhere close in fighting counterfeits compared to west. It will take years or even more for them to adapt western mentality and selling ethics. But there's no way for me to jump on "pitchfork and torches" bandwagon against honest non problematic seller (Kizer) with limited scope who happen to use also domestic selling platform to expand sales of own original product internationally.

I would appreciate if you would read my words exactly as they are written, without adding them own meaning (although I am aware that my limited english sucks sometimes).

Last edited:
That's something I agree with. China is nowhere close in fighting counterfeits compared to west. It will take years or even more for them to adapt western mentality and selling ethics. But there's no way for me to jump on "pitchfork and torches" bandwagon against honest non problematic seller (Kizer) with limited scope who happen to use also domestic selling platform to expand sales of own original product internationally.

I would appreciate if you would read my words exactly as they are written, without adding them own meaning (although I am aware that my limited english sucks sometimes).
Well, you’ve shown your true colors by valuing your personal worth ahead of the spread of clones. Not much else you can say will matter, including calling me a silly, self centered bigot. Bigot. I hope you realize the gravity of making those kind of charges. That’s an ugly thing to say about someone you know nothing about.

In the meantime I hope you can stick around Blade Forums, make some friends and learn about the knife business.

You’ve done neither so far.

You keep reminding me that, playing on "look, I am seasoned veteran at this forum, while you're new clueless guy here" card, like this is some serious argument which give to your words some bigger credibility. Is it?
Like said, you're the one who opened thread with "comments request", but already decided upfront what kind of comments you want to read. I tryed to explain you some things patiently from different point of view, but if you don't want to hear them prefering to live in a bubble, I can't help you here.

I am sorry if I hurted your feelings in this process somehow and your little crusade didn't go as planned.

Last edited:
Ok, let's circle back and try to get a little closure on this topic. Start with my first post (edited for clarity)
Hey Kizer,...Maybe reconsider? Comments?
Did you notice the "HEY KIZER" I began with? You keep going on about how I solicited your comment and then didn't want to hear something I didn't like. That's not the case at all. As you can see from my opening post I was asking anyone associated with Kizer to consider and comment. There was a time when folks involved with Kizer were fairly active here. I realize now that was a mistake as it opened the door for you to offer your commentary.

Your opinion was crystal clear: you support buying on Aliexpress because it helps you obtain more knives at lower prices. That's a perfectly valid viewpoint for you and nobody will condemn you for seeking the best bang for your buck. It's all about personal choice and accountability after all.

The problem began when your viewpoint was challenged by facts and considerations greater than your personal finances. At that point, rather than engage in a respectful exchange of ideas, you took insulting, condescending and belittling tones. Rather than confront intellectually the viewpoints that opposed yours, you chose instead to degrade the people who delivered the challenge. Of course, those insults forced you into making assumptions about the folks you slung them at. That makes you not a terribly rewarding person to have discourse with. Among the many insults...

How's that an argument at all? It's silly ...
don't be so egocentric.
world is much wider ...[?QUOTE]
Do you know how aliexpress work at all?
play this crusade against Kizer?
silly and self-centered.
I am not sure if you know what you're talking at all. That's an argument you made it up
Live in your bubble as narrow-minded bigot and play your little sad private crusade as much as you want.
I hope that sun will shine for you again
seems to me as a blatant lie.
Oh wait ... :confused: /hypocrisy alert
But there's no way for me to jump on "pitchfork and torches" bandwagon against honest non problematic seller (Kizer)
(note to clarify; the seller in question is Aliexpress, this has never been about Kizer the knifemaker but Aliexpress the chosen distribution mode for Kizer)
you don't want to hear them prefering to live in a bubble, I can't help you here.
your little crusade didn't go as planned.

There's probably a few more, but you get the drift. Not much room for a respectful, intelligent exchange of viewpoints. Speaking of which, you've never actually addressed the viewpoint that opposes yours at any point of this thread. It just came down to you being right and anyone who disagreed with you was wrong and stupid. That's not productive for anyone, especially for Kizer and the talented people who collaborate with them.

And then you play this card:

You keep reminding me that, playing on "look, I am seasoned veteran at this forum, while you're new clueless guy here" card, like this is some serious argument which give to your words some bigger credibility. Is it?

All I've done is encourage you to read and interact on Blade Forums. I'm not veteran here. I'm not even one of the cool kids. I learn stuff everyday from people with way more knife knowledge than either of us. You could do that too. Unfortunately, supporting sites that spread clones and counterfeits will put you at a disadvantage with many folks here. Not all, mind you, but many. It's not the best way to begin your tenure on Blade Forums. That's the truth that I've tried to impart to you without much success.

So, to sum it all up, many of us have a problem with Kizer entering into a business distribution partnership with the world's largest outlet of counterfeit and clone knives. That's all really. It's very straight forward and simple. You've never really addressed the conflict at hand other than calling it names and throwing stones.

I'm going to assume, as you've indicated, that the inability to have an open discussion is indeed due to language barrier. Best of luck and best wishes in your pursuit for great knives at the best price possible.

On the off chance that you're here to actively shill for Aliexpress, we should probably just stop the discussion now. The Kizer sub-forum doesn't deserve a thread that we've all played a part in turning ugly. At this point I regret ever opening this thread here as the much larger one in GKD had far better exchange of views and opinions. Hopefully some new threads will get started soon and this one can quickly settle to the dregs.

Last edited:
Back