• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Klingon Dagger

Since I was a kid I have always wanted a Klingon Dagger.

Every replica I've looked at purchasing appears cheap, flimsy, and meant exclusively to be looked at and never used.

Since discovering the top tier quality and craftsmanship of Busse Combat, I wonder what they could do with this design. It is, after all, a knife designed specifically for combat.

What would an INFI or SR-101 version of this be like? Would the smaller, foldable, spring / tension deployed quasi crossguard, angled side knives be feasible, or would they need to be cut with CNC as a non-movable, fully integral, contiguous offshoots of the main blade?

For reference :

latest

5001816_257f3b4e0b.jpg

I'd definitely get two, one for looks, and one for use/carry.

But I wonder about the feasibility of moving parts. I wonder if it would need to be one solid piece instead of two, small folding blades mounted on pivots.

I'd definitely get two, one for looks, and one for use/carry.

But I wonder about the feasibility of moving parts. I wonder if it would need to be one solid piece instead of two, small folding blades mounted on pivots.
The pivot point on the moving parts would be the weak point. Solid would look the same and not have the weaknesses of a moving part.

I am greedy.

I was also trying to find a way to counter the cutout, empty center of the blade.

Seems like a Full Cut Fuller (or whatever it would be called) would weaken the blade.

Maybe the Busse version would just have two sided fillers instead of cutting all the way through.

I am greedy.

I was also trying to find a way to counter the cutout, empty center of the blade.

Seems like a Full Cut Fuller (or whatever it would be called) would weaken the blade.

Maybe the Busse version would just have two sided fillers instead of cutting all the way through.
You could keep it all full tang with only a connection in the center for the wings. Make the wings basically only aesthetic so they do not ruin the integrity of the blade.

That knife reminds me a lot of Busse Hellrazor, I know it's not the same but looks like sorta same idea just practical design. I realize two knifes are different, but something about the shape and the fuller connects the two for me.

P1000212.jpg

I google an image, it is from an 8 year old post from blade forums, so no credit for picture is mine.

tumblr_mes7s5cGRK1riiw1do1_250.gif

The little blades MUST be functional! I don't want them to break off when stabbing the shit out of... I don't know what. I haven't stabbed anything other than food.

But I need them to be functional.

Back