Kme or Edge pro ?

Put some cash aside for a knife and realized what good are they if they aren't sharp ! Narrowed it down to the two best as far as I could tell from research, any thoughts would be appreciated

I can't speak for the Edge Pro,but I'm very satisfied with my KME.
Whichever you go with,I'd suggest you do homework, here and on line videos

I have a KME and could not be happier. It is a great product sold by a great company. I will not say the Edge Pronis a bad product (it is good), but IMHO the KME is superior.

I can't speak for the Edge Pro,but I'm very satisfied with my KME.
Whichever you go with,I'd suggest you do homework, here and on line videos

I'm the opposite, only used EP. Wicked Edge is another popular guided system.

Also make your decision based on the length of the blades which you intend to sharpen using a guided system. I know that some of them struggle with longer blades simply because of the turning radius of the sharpening arm (lever?). But I think if you have blades under 10 inches, then that is not a major concern.

Here is my second knife on the wicked edge whittling a hair ...

[video=youtube;NWMUIa4mnOA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWMUIa4mnOA&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

nuf said...

but I am also a fan of the Kalamazoo belt sander.

I've been looking at four systems for some time: The Wicked Edge, the Edge Pro Apex, the KME, and the Tech Studio K02 Wranglerstar. I have not been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on one yet. Subscribed.

Edge Pro Apex is the one I'm eyeing.
Just be careful where you buy from bud. There are a lot of knockoffs out there that look like the real thing.
If it looks to good to be true, odds are it's a ripoff.

I dont know about you guys but I just sharpen my blades on the bones of my enemies

Seriously though. I have two spyderco pocket stones and a wood backed strop that I made.

I have a lansky, but ever since I got good at hand sharpening I rarely use it. I also use a 1x30 belt sander with belts from lee valley tool. I have been looking at an edge pro for a while, but probably wont buy one.

Last edited:
I love my KME but I only use it to reprofile an edge. No way I'd use it or any other clamped system for maintaining an edge.

Once my edge is set where I want it I mostly just strop, use a Work Sharp Bench or Field for more serious touchups.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

i have a KME (and a bunch of other sharpening systems) wish i had the edge pro.

I have both. The KME is my goto for most blades for reprofile and proper edge set. Unless the blade is very large or odd/unusual in shape. Then it's the EP.

After edge set, I use the Sharpmaker and strops for general touch ups and maintenance.

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

I have both. The KME is my goto for most blades for reprofile and proper edge set. Unless the blade is very large or odd/unusual in shape. Then it's the EP.

After edge set, I use the Sharpmaker and strops for general touch ups and maintenance.
This! :thumbup:

I have an EP clone and I only use it to repair/reprofile large blades.

i have a KME (and a bunch of other sharpening systems) wish i had the edge pro.

That's the first time I've heard a KME owner wishing they had an EP. Usually it's the other way around.

I've had both and for me the KME (with diamonds) wins hands down.

I use an EdgePro. There's definitely a learning curve involved. Become heavy handed, you pay the price.
As others have stated, use only for heavy work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avidly keeping a very keen EYE on your feedbacks in this thread. W.E. was the way i was leaning but due to the co$t factor, considering other options from the adapters of those other alternative systems on this thread. Thanks fellas :thumbup:

Regarding those of you using a KME vs the Edge Pro. Do you have any problems/restrictions/wants on the smaller stones vs the ones for the EP?

Back