KMG has a new grinder!

Interesting, but I can't think of a reason to buy this over a TW-90.

I would never buy anything else from Beaumont, but that's just me.

I've just ordered one. Ill post more after I have it set up. I sent a Facebook message at 10AM with a quick question and had a reply by noon.

Why does free continental US shipping raise red flags?

I think he was saying that the no response to emails was raising some flags.

I have a KMG and Northridge, I certainly hope the new KMG is better, (straighter) than the older ones. I also have not had the best customer service from them either.. I DO wish them well though.⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

If you already had a kmg and had all their tooling I would consider buying just the chassis.
I emailed them today and they got back to me just a couple hours later. They said they had no plans to sell just the chassis. I find this disappointing.

Some people would not buy the W90 because it uses 1 1/4 inch tool arms instead of the 1 1/2 tool arms that just about every other grinder uses. I have 14 tool bars with wheels and attachments so I would not be a customer. I do have a Travis Wuertz surface grinder attachment and it is great. Larry

I haven't read a whole lot of positive things about the KMG but I did call Beaumont last Thursday with a question. The phone was answered promptly and my questioned answered. I put an order in for their disc sander work rest Saturday and received it today. My experience was very good.

I've just ordered one. Ill post more after I have it set up..
Did you get the package yet? I'm very interested to get any feedback on this beast, and you are probably the customer #1 so far. Almost pulled the trigger before I found this post.

Did you get the package yet? I'm very interested to get any feedback on this beast, and you are probably the customer #1 so far. Almost pulled the trigger before I found this post.
I haven't gotten it yet, but it should be here Monday. I don't think I'm the first but certainly early. Ill post when I have it set up.

I just purchased a KMG horizontal grinder this week and started taking it out of its crate and setting it up Friday night. Sent an email to their customer service Friday night at 10 pm with a question/issue, and I received a response at 7 am Saturday morning. I find this experience to be in the category of incredible customer service.

If you are talking verticals grinders, I’ve used a Bader B-III for 7 years. My reference above was to KMG dedicated horizontal grinder. This is the only one I have used, and I’m not aware of many dedicated horizontal grinders on the market regardless. There is talk in this thread that KMG is producing inferior grinders, and I can attest that the their horizontal grinder is a quality piece of equipment.

Aren’t TW-90s nearly $1000 more? Travis is a great guy and his machine is top notch. I even own one of his surface grinder attachments for my KMG. But his stuff is pricey and just out of range for a lot of people.

As far as Beaumont is concerned, they have always been decent to me. The one time I had a problem, Rob offered to fix it for me no charge. I ended up doing it myself though(replace bearings in idle wheel). Don’t get me wrong, there are multiple things about the KMG griner design that I would change. Direct drive being one. Warped C- plate that holds the platen.

Last edited:
How about the AMK Horizontal grinder...dedicated full horizontal.http://amktactical.com/epages/3c926...26a50-9aba-43a5-9571-098ee03f1288/Products/43
What are waste of space is this grinder .........I will not accept it for free !
JRHnpgw.jpg

Drive wheel barely touch belt , small wheel have limited use because of angle on belt . Only flat plate look good ! Do you guys realize that you don t have to use 2 x 72 belt for horizontal grinder ?????

YXTMT9q.jpg

" Do you guys realize that you don t have to use 2 x 72 belt for horizontal grinder ?????"

You are right, nor do they have to build a vertical grinder in 2x72.

It only makes sense to be able to use the same belts on your vertical and horizontal grinders

Back