Knife and Watch combo. Let's see them!

Over the past year or so I've parted with alot of the watches I've posted previously in this thread, with the idea of finding the one perfect all around watch. Upon selling my Explorer II recently I decided that this watch for me was the first generation Planet Ocean (2500D) in 42mm. I still have my vintage pieces (including of course my beloved birth-year Seamaster Cosmic), some G-Shocks, and the odd others however.

EMyiEo3.jpg

EatAWj2.jpg

yP5tlTg.jpg

Also, I'm not sure if any of y'all are from the era where will you will remember these, but perhaps if you were a child of the 80's, and particularly if like me you grew up in a beach/surf town, you might remember the Freestyle Shark Watch. It was a digital watch aimed at surfers, and at a certain time in my childhood it was quite popular. All the really cool kids ;) had theirs on the special velcro band called the "Shark Leash". Anyhow while recently searching these watches out of nostalgia I found that they still make them and that they also sell the 20mm straps. I picked up a few on a whim and have been wearing them much more than I thought I would. Not only are they super functional straps that remind me of my childhood, but the wild colors are right in accordance with the colors I've been feeling on knives lately. Plus I really dig the idea of a fine Swiss timepiece on a crazy colored velcro strap from an 80's digital watch.

vCkbDWu.jpg

cNV4Vol.jpg

EDIT: While I'm here, here's another pic of the aforementioned Seamaster Cosmic 2000

NWkGOTA.jpg

As watches go, I like what you all are posting, they are very nice. I only have one, the one I can afford. It is a Walmart $20 watch I've had for about five years, give or take. I can't stand anything around my wrist, so I removed the wristband, and it now hangs by gutted paracord from my pants D ring. The battery died recently, and the knife in the pic ended up playing a crucial role in getting access to swap it out.

View attachment 1548266
What knife is this?!

Canadian and LC200N ?!

What knife is this?!

Canadian and LC200N ?!

That ol' thing? That's just a David Mary Custom EDGE-C (Every Day Gent's Carry) Wharncliffe. I have made variants of this in carbon steel, AEB-L, and I am currently waiting for an EDGE-C and an EDGE-C Super back from heat treatment that I cut from CPM MagnaCut. The above in LC200N is the one I kept for myself, and it is around my neck 24/7. Thanks for asking. :)

IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0153.JPG
IMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_1010.JPG

May I know what's the model the Spyderco one with serrated edge, at the bottom of this picture?
Really love it...
Thanks!

Thanks!.. It is is a blade swap using the blade from the standard SE Dragonfly and the frame/scales from the Knifecenter exclusive Pakkawood Dragonfly. I really like the utility that carrying a SpyderEdge adds to my carry, so I've done a few of these swaps with the SE blades into different models.

Thanks!.. It is is a blade swap using the blade from the standard SE Dragonfly and the frame/scales from the Knifecenter exclusive Pakkawood Dragonfly. I really like the utility that carrying a SpyderEdge adds to my carry, so I've done a few of these swaps with the SE blades into different models.

So cool and fantastic! Plus the great photo skill. My eyes enjoy it! Thanks!

Over the past year or so I've parted with alot of the watches I've posted previously in this thread, with the idea of finding the one perfect all around watch. Upon selling my Explorer II recently I decided that this watch for me was the first generation Planet Ocean (2500D) in 42mm. I still have my vintage pieces (including of course my beloved birth-year Seamaster Cosmic), some G-Shocks, and the odd others however.

EMyiEo3.jpg

EatAWj2.jpg

yP5tlTg.jpg

Also, I'm not sure if any of y'all are from the era where will you will remember these, but perhaps if you were a child of the 80's, and particularly if like me you grew up in a beach/surf town, you might remember the Freestyle Shark Watch. It was a digital watch aimed at surfers, and at a certain time in my childhood it was quite popular. All the really cool kids ;) had theirs on the special velcro band called the "Shark Leash". Anyhow while recently searching these watches out of nostalgia I found that they still make them and that they also sell the 20mm straps. I picked up a few on a whim and have been wearing them much more than I thought I would. Not only are they super functional straps that remind me of my childhood, but the wild colors are right in accordance with the colors I've been feeling on knives lately. Plus I really dig the idea of a fine Swiss timepiece on a crazy colored velcro strap from an 80's digital watch.

vCkbDWu.jpg

cNV4Vol.jpg

EDIT: While I'm here, here's another pic of the aforementioned Seamaster Cosmic 2000

NWkGOTA.jpg
Great post! The shark leash on the PO is funny. Always loved Freestyle watches

Back