Knife Art 21 CF Handle

martyq

Platinum Member
I was thinking about purchasing a Carbon Fiber Small 21 from Knife Art. I have never handled one, only own CF and Micarta inlay models. Is the CF slippery or does it have a grippy feel? Are they really thin with no inlays and harder to hold and open? Thanks

The carbon fiber is smooth, I would not say it is grippy, similar feel to a smooth titanium CRK scale

The width of the knife is the same as plane (no inlays) Sebenza. I find the knife art carbon fiber CRK's no easier or harder to open then any other version of a Sebenza.

A small knife Art sebenza with an insingo blade is one of my favorite EDC CRK's

I just bought my first Sebenza (after wasting years only buying the CRK fixed blades and missing out), and went with the KnifeArt CF large 21. I was expecting the CF to be very slick, and it is smooth, but has a slightly matte look and feel to it.

It hard to describe, but it’s not like the very slick ultra-smooth CF on some of my knives. I picked up a Spyderco Yojimbo CF that is way slicker and more ultra smooth polished, and have actually worried about my hand slipping on it, but not on the Reeve CF.

One note, to keep prices down KnifeArt doesn’t include a pocket slip with the CF exclusives, and they come with a single blue thumb stud standard.

Nice weight savings, the large 21 is only 3.7 Oz. I plan on getting the small 21 tanto next.

I carried one for months on the job and at home.

Amazing light weight knife.

However. Dry and or cold weather makes it super slick and that was my biggest issue. A few times on the job it posed a problem.

If I went CF again I might try the Inkosi.

I would highly recommend the CF knives! I have a small Sebenza and Inkosi and they are noticeably lighter yet have the same solid feel. I don’t notice any difference in the grip in my urban edc useage.

I was thinking about purchasing a Carbon Fiber Small 21 from Knife Art. I have never handled one, only own CF and Micarta inlay models. Is the CF slippery or does it have a grippy feel? Are they really thin with no inlays and harder to hold and open? Thanks

They do feel more slick in the hand. For me, that's an issue, but I think I'm the exception here. They're very popular, and hold their value well on resale. I'll bet you'd really like one, especially if you like the idea of a lighter weight.

I regularly carry a small modded CF Insingo 21, really enjoy the weight, no issues with the texture of the CF. Also I've had a few Knife Art CF 21's & 25's really liked them, no issues with the smooth CF scale.
IMG_1329.jpg

Back