Knife Blanks

JK Knives

I used to do this quite a bit, offer finished knife blanks for the “do it yourself” guys, the ones who want to do their own handles and finish the knife themselves. If anyone is interested email me for pricing. These are only available in O1.

it's only been 48 hours.
let it ride - it doesn't cost you anything and leaving the easy bait out there might catch you a couple of customers over time.

Post up pictures of some of the patterns available under this and their prices?

Maybe something like a rule 9 blank in 1/8" O1 or a lobo in 3/16"

Do you have some - OR can you make some into - blanks for hidden tangs rather than full?

I can't cut or shape the metal but I can stack a handle. :thumbsup:

That would depend on how narrow a tang you want. It would also not have square shoulders near the blade, it would have a radius for strength.

Radiused shoulders on a flat tang that was about 1/8" thick all along the length but tapered from the blade to the end to maybe 1/4" or less, in 3" to 4-1/2"? Are there some models that might lend themselves to that possibility? Of course the point is not to jack up the price. Just asking.

I’m confused, could you post a drawing of the tang style you are talking about? Sounds like it would be time consuming, but I could be wrong.

I realize that I am asking you to rework your blanks. I know that is not your intent.

Last edited:
What's the possibility of cutting shaped handle material so we would just need to sand, or do you glue it all to the blade blank and then shape it down to the handle? I guess I'm thinking it would be neat to have a "JK knife kit" of sorts since I don't have the best tools or room, but I could probably figure out cutting materials if I needed to.

I'm interested but I have too many projects right now to really take on more. Maybe after my vacation in July/August I will have more time to sink into something like this. I certainly want to try.

I clamp the scales to the blank, then drill the pin holes, then trace around it, then cut it out, leaving a little extra to grind down to the blank. Not really any cost savings for me, just basically one sanding belt.

Finally put a handle on this 24/7 blank from John that was slightly blemished (wrong stamp). 1st try at using screws. It was interesting but I think it turned out okay. I didn't use glue as I wanted to see how well it holds up without it.

GkMfeotl.jpg

BEGCbCKl.jpg

Looks good so far, but I always use glue, it prevents moisture from getting under the scales, and allowing possible rust.

For sure, I'm just testing it out for now. I'm working with my brother to see about doing a black oxide coating or something with this style of construction, or maybe just using a softer glue so the handles are still removable. I know a lot of production knives do something like this so I just wanted to play around with this for a little bit.

Back