Knife Carry: Canada Criminal Defense Lawyer

Great. Now I want one of those rings that has a knife blade that pops out.
I watched this video before and I used to think what they meant by “bladed finger rings” was those “Iron Reaver Claws” that you slide onto your finger and there’s a claw shaped blade on top of it. Then I find out it’s a piece of jewelry that ejects a hidden blade from it? That’s pretty freakin cool! LOL!

A “spiked wrist band” which is on Canada’s prohibited items list seems a little vague. Is that something like a cestus glove? Or is it referring to an Assassin’s Creed hidden wrist blade? I guess those may likely fall under the switchblade or hidden blade device definitions.

Last edited:
I watched this video before and I used to think what they meant by “bladed finger rings” was those “Iron Reaver Claws” that you slide onto your finger and there’s a claw shaped blade on top of it. Then I find out it’s a piece of jewelry that ejects a hidden blade from it? That’s pretty freakin cool! LOL!

A “spiked wrist band” which is on Canada’s prohibited items list seems a little vague. Is that something like a cestus glove? Or is it referring to an Assassin’s Creed hidden wrist blade? I guess those may likely fall under the switchblade or hidden blade device definitions.
Probably those punk rock wristbands. It's a pretty solid rule that if it's something a teenager would want it's going to be against the law. It's tough on me because I've been a teenager for many many decades.

This is an awesome video. I wouldn't want to have any legal trouble because of my knives. I like carrying at least one with me, and most times, it's more than one. I hate going to court and stuff like that, but when you have lousy neighbors, stuff like that will always happen. I have a neighbor arguing with everyone who lives on my street. He filed a bogus lawsuit against me, but he didn't know I had a good lawyer from https://bsmlaw.com.au/wollongong-lawyers/. I filed a lawsuit against him also, and he lost both. He won't bother anyone on my street for long because everyone lawyered up.

Last edited:
The lawyer has done an excellent investigation regarding the carrying of edged weapons. Many people should know how to defend themselves, so their self-defense is perceived correctly and fairly. I've worked as a military employee for many years, so I'm well-versed in this topic. I witnessed a trial in which my friend was accused of carrying a blade at work. But he was released from custody because lawyers https://ucmjdefense.com/false-alleg...t-in-the-military-why-are-they-so-common.html proved his innocence in this case and in the case of sexual assault. For carrying a knife, he could be framed for the second charge.

Last edited:
In Canada you cannot carry anything for self defence. I’m an LEO in BC. Intent is the law. You can carry any legal knife regardless of blade length. No autos, balis or gravity knives. Otherwise carry what you like.

A buddy of mine, let's call him Steve, was a bit of an outdoors enthusiast. One day, he found himself in hot water when a police officer spotted him carrying a rather large hunting knife in a city park. He wasn't doing anything sinister with it; he was just on his way back from a camping trip and had stopped to enjoy the park.
However, carrying a knife openly in public areas isn't generally accepted, especially in urban settings. Steve was charged with possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose under section 88 of the Canadian Criminal Code. Law here paulmankin

Here in Texas, about anyone can openly carry about any knife in public.

I wouldn't walk around Houston with a 7" Ka_Bar, but . . .I am old that alone won't get you in trouble.

No one makes a big deal out of it, but I am thinking that a case can be made that when Second Amendment the right to " . . .keep and bear arms . . .: it was intended to cover bladed arms as well as firearms.

In Canada you cannot carry anything for self defence.

Only because corrupt bureaucrats have decided to conflate "self defense" with "purpose dangerous to the public peace", which is ridiculous. But it's not actually what the law says.

The lawyer has done an excellent investigation regarding the carrying of edged weapons. Many people should know how to defend themselves, so their self-defense is perceived correctly and fairly. I've worked as a military employee for many years, so I'm well-versed in this topic. I witnessed a trial in which my friend was accused of carrying a blade at work. But he was released from custody because lawyers https://ucmjdefense.com/false-alleg...t-in-the-military-why-are-they-so-common.html proved his innocence in this case and in the case of sexual assault. For carrying a knife, he could be framed for the second charge.

How could a knife lead to false sexual assault charges

If I recall correctly, in Canada (I don't have the Criminal Code section handy) if you engage in a conversation where someone feels threatened, the fact you have a weapon makes it assault, per the code. And nowadays, offended and threatened seem to be the same thing to a lot of people... :rolleyes:

If I recall correctly, in Canada (I don't have the Criminal Code section handy) if you engage in a conversation where someone feels threatened, the fact you have a weapon makes it assault, per the code. And nowadays, offended and threatened seem to be the same thing to a lot of people... :rolleyes:
That just ain't even right....makes me angry for the good people of Canada....

In Chinada if someone tries to brake into your house with a baseball bat and you beat him up,you get charged for extensive force and the criminal can easily sue you for the bodily harm.
Being JKD instructor for many years I would still beat the s… out of anyone threatening my family or self on my property or public space.
Have a good lawyer ready though because laws are based on nonsense here in Chinada.
Forgot to mention I do carry my EDC blade everywhere I go.

Well continuing the use of force after the threat is ended is illegal pretty much everywhere.

Good to see a Runkle video up here. Sorry I didn't see it when you first posted it. I've been watching a couple of American attorneys on youtube since the Rittenhouse stuff, and they have Runkle as a guest from time to time. I don't follow Canadian law much, as it doesn't apply to me, but Runkle seems very, very knowledgeable on laws pertaining to firearms and knives in The Great White North. Plus he seems like a really cool guy. :thumbsup:

Back