Knife confessions

Never cared for the whole Woodlore / Bushcraft design. Always wondered why someone didn't try to interest one of the big kitchen knife companies to make it / subcontract it when they were extremely popular and expensive.

Also hate the "peanut" sized patterns.

J

Me too. I flatten out the slight up sweep of the tip by filing down the spine near it until it's more or less straight. Worked beautifully with a No 9 and a couple 8s I used to have.

Agreed. I don’t really like the trailing point, however slight. And the flared pommel makes them too bulky to carry comfortably. So I fix them to suit me: drop the point, slim down the handle, and carry one every day.

Fine, I'll play.

As a teenager/20 something, I fell for the whole tactical hype. Owned a lot of Sog folders, tantos, partial serrations.

In my mid thirties, I fell for the overbuilt Ti frame lock trend.

Now I'm 41 and I prefer lightweight knives.

i have way too many, honestly don't know how many. i'm tired of black knives, g10, aluminium handles. i love titanium, usable art knives, and carbon fiber. my favorite knives are the art knives that i can use with gusto with no loss of artistic quality. i love rare knives, discontinued knives, build outs and sprint runs but have no interest in customs. i have justified buying many of my knives because they will increase in value, but never intended on selling them. i would love to have a BUSSE but can't get my brain to justify the cost. i don't like to carry anything under 3.5" but some of my smaller knives are just too cool to not carry. i don't understand the allure of TOPS knives. 1095 has been around longer than any of us and amazing things can be done with it for very reasonable prices. every now and them i will buy a silly knife just for fun. i don't like or understand HEST or EMERSON hype. i love QUEEN CUTLERY, OPINEL, MAM, and the variety of COLD STEEL products. i love having a wide variety of knife steels even though i don't need them to cut stuff. i love fully serrated edges, especially on large blades. i hate cheap, shabby, unsafe knives. i have gifted many knives to friends because what they have is a hazard. i never insult anyone's knife, just offer to trade or gift one so the end user can try something different. i offer knife sharpening services for life to anyone i give a knife to. wow, this is my longest post ever. way too many i's, i feel like OBAMA.

Agreed. I don’t really like the trailing point, however slight. And the flared pommel makes them too bulky to carry comfortably. So I fix them to suit me: drop the point, slim down the handle, and carry one every day.

Does the collar still bulge out?

image.jpeg
everyone knows the only good SAK is the ALOX handle SAK... right?
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL3Nhay9pbWFnZXMvNTM5NjQuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOiB7InJlc2l6ZSI6IHsid2lkdGgiOiAyMjAsImhlaWdodCI6IDIyMCwiZml0IjogImNvbnRhaW4iLCJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIjogeyJyIjogMjU1LCJnIjogMjU1LCJiIjogMjU1LCJhbHBoYSI6IDF9fX19
Alox is OK, but I like Titanium better.

First off please dont show my fiancee this thread. I expect everyone to act like I'm in a confession booth not taxi cab confessions. I went from spending too much on guns to too much on knives. After snapping several Kershaw blades and making the transition to Busse blades I have drank the kool aid. For years I never understood spending gun prices on knives, once you break that $200 threshold it's all over. I've always had an affinity for American made products and now I've gone completely anti- Chinese made knives. I dont understand why people like Spyderco folders. I used to like Cold Steel but cant get buy their non us made models. I wish more "American" companies would produce locally. Please note I'm not anti Chinese people, I'm against Chinas' trade practices and lack of workers rights.

First off please dont show my fiancee this thread. I expect everyone to act like I'm in a confession booth not taxi cab confessions. I went from spending too much on guns to too much on knives. After snapping several Kershaw blades and making the transition to Busse blades I have drank the kool aid. For years I never understood spending gun prices on knives, once you break that $200 threshold it's all over. I've always had an affinity for American made products and now I've gone completely anti- Chinese made knives. I dont understand why people like Spyderco folders. I used to like Cold Steel but cant get buy their non us made models. I wish more "American" companies would produce locally. Please note I'm not anti Chinese people, I'm against Chinas' trade practices and lack of workers rights.
I am pretty sure spyderco makes some of their knives in the US.

#1. I like a convex edge....so long as it’s not an excuse fir keeping your knife too damned thick behind the edge. *cough*Lionsteel*cough*

#2. After handling one, I kinda like the ZT 0223. (It still looks cheezy in pictures though.)

2329E61C-AFB2-47FF-BCD1-9B844C985F40.jpeg

I’m a big fan of tacticool mall ninja and oper8tor stuff, aesthetically. I never buy any of it, but every time I see them my inner samurai smiles.

After handling one, I kinda like the ZT 0223.

I agree with both these quotes. The ZT 0223 would be my perfect knife if it weren't for those holes in the tang. (maybe slightly thinner blade stock, but it's ZT so...)

I really like Tacticool knives, I bought the Protech TR-3 operator series, and I just bought a digicam pattern Spartan Pallas.

I like assisted knives. I lived in a few places where autos were illegal, but I liked knowing that my knife will open no matter what. I got used to higher quality assisted knives (especially Benchmade Axis assist) and I still like them.

Cold Steel makes several knives in Taiwan, not Commie China. There's a difference between a slave state and a democracy.
pretty sure you were responding to the wrong person but yes i do know the difference, they also make knives in the PRC and the US

Back