Knife Dating

Was hoping someone could help date 2 Ka-Bar knifes i picked up at an antique store.
-The first has a stamp: "KA-BAR" with "OLEAN. NY." under it, the other side of the blade stamped with USMC. Round pommel, is a rectangular shape for the tang in the center of the pommel. Dark brown leather handle.
-The second had a large hex nut for the pommel, which screw on or off, rubber material for the grip. It is not stamped, I believe it may be a knockoff? It is however, very worn, and appears old. The steel is similar to what is used for the first knife.
Please let me know if anyone has an idea for dating and authenticity. Thanks for any help.

:) Welcome ! Pictures would help . But you have to use a hosting site to post from .

Was hoping someone could help date 2 Ka-Bar knifes i picked up at an antique store.
-The first has a stamp: "KA-BAR" with "OLEAN. NY." under it, the other side of the blade stamped with USMC. Round pommel, is a rectangular shape for the tang in the center of the pommel. Dark brown leather handle.
-The second had a large hex nut for the pommel, which screw on or off, rubber material for the grip. It is not stamped, I believe it may be a knockoff? It is however, very worn, and appears old. The steel is similar to what is used for the first knife.
Please let me know if anyone has an idea for dating and authenticity. Thanks for any help.
Welcome.
The first one might be a Ka-Bar fightig/utility knife but these have been made for a long time and in a multitude of versions by a lot of companies. Homage knives, clones, repros of the original Ka-Bar are legion. We really need pictures.
The second one might a JET PILOT SURVIAL KNIFE or 'bolt knife,' as they are also known. As you mention a rubber grip, it might be the ONTARIO A.S.E.K. but without pics, there is no way to be sure.
Use for example the photo hosting site 'imgur.'

A.S.E.K
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/ON...ubber-handle-strap-cutter-digital-camo-sheath

The first sounds like a 1219C2 BUT that's a generic description that could apply equally to the 1944/1945 WW2 version or one of the modern versions made after 1976. Pictures of the stamps and pommel and tang needed to differentiate between the possibilities.

And again, pictures are needed to make a definitive statement about what the 2nd one is from any perspective.

Back