Knife designs?

Mrs. Big Chris

I told Chris that I was going to design a knife for him to make me. It will have my Shadetree CC Glitter handle material and be made out of one of Chris' fancy steels (not S125V).

I am looking for design suggestions. I personally prefer smaller knives, no sheep's foot designs (they are confusing for me). Yes I tried to use one upside down once. Chris had a great time laughing at me for weeks to come.

What will be the primary use for this knife? Or just give some examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primary use: cute and badass
I don't really use knives but Chris will probably use it in the kitchen for awhile before it goes into my vault.

051c4aabd727021582b451cb3441e6c6.jpg

I think this is an awesome design.

You didn't bite on the first design so how about a Japanese styled knife with Big Chris' signature handles. I think this is a sweet idea with a lot of potential if Chris doesn't kill me for coming up with difficult grinds for him to do. [emoji12]
385cc5dbcbe96af806dd9d50a3c100db.jpg

I am thinking some knife of thin 3 to 3.5 inch paring knife or a slim bird and trout to use in the kitchen. As for steel, I say cpm 154 or 3v, I will try and post a pic of a Drew bird and trout similar to what I envision. It is the bottom one, the top one is a Wolf Creek bird n trout in AEBL.

image.jpg

What about something Carter Neck Knife inspired? Could add a "harpoon point" to it. Super handy sized knife and would look good with the glitter handles and textured flats on the blade.

IMG_2032.JPG

Now that Carter inspired looks cool, and with a harpoon should be eye-catching.

What about something Carter Neck Knife inspired? Could add a "harpoon point" to it. Super handy sized knife and would look good with the glitter handles and textured flats on the blade.

IMG_2032.JPG

I like that one a lot. Now, I just need Chris to start getting some of his current projects moving so I can get in the queue.

Chris and I have talked about the benifits of a Bird and Trout before and there are a lot. First off its a light knife you can carry and not feel like it's weighing you down. Second it is one of the most useful all around knives bc it has enough belly to rock in vetlgtable cutting, a paring knife shape, usually a pointy end for puncture cuts, it can be made the perfect length to be useful in many ways without being too long and get in the way. It's thick enough to be strong and thin enough to skin or fillet as well as slice. It's general design is highly utilitarian and can be tailored to specific needs or tastes. It has always been one of my favorite designs. In fact it is what I asked for when I got my first BC knife. I'll look for one online with a swedge grind to see if you want that added or not. B&T knives in my book do look bad!!!

This first picture looks like a B&T but the second one doesn't really (more like a hunter) even though it's labeled a B&T. Maybe mix the size of the first with the grind of the second knife.
27a63f98dc7f2a0d380c1a50db86ae7e.jpg
1f6f5a16f1f8c7b451b68b2d5536bd21.jpg

Last edited:
So I heard:
glitter handles
needs to be unidirectional
cute
badass
will likely end up in the vault (really want to see that vault!!)

how about an ulu pattern?
Ulu-Done.jpg

Just don't confuse it with a neck knife:eek:
For a minimal knife user, it may be different enough to be worth a try?

Mini-Nessmuk with glitter handles (glow in dark liners to show through glitter) would be awesome.

Ok, you caught me just wanting to say Nessmuk again.

Back