Knife DISPLAY PACKAGES and STANDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to add that I prefer an opened, glass or plexiglass covered display. I don't see the point of a box with a wood top (unless it is kept opened in its own dust free cabinet). The knives should be viewable.

COOL displays.
Kevin - did you make that large cabinet? If so, well done.
Peter

No Peter, I try not to tackle anything larger than a breadbox. ;)
The cabinet came out of an old country store, however I believe I could have built one in the same amount of time it took me to clean it. As typical in many old country stores it contained a grill/soda fountain so the cabinet was thoroughly coated with grease/grime after many years of exposure.

Kevin, I really like the way you've used the furniture as a base to display both the display cases and knives. It makes the experience of being around the knives more homey. I do the same thing - Furniture and it's lovely wood, displaying everything in a warm, comfortable atmosphere.
Very nice look, indeed.

Thanks Bob.

Kevin, I am envious of your amazing set up. I notice your Josh Smith bowie gets around. It seems to be in different places at once!!

Those photos were taken at different times so 'yes' the Josh Smith bowie has moved. Top left cabinet position is usually occupied by my newest piece so it moved to make room for the Royer "Ring Guard Bowie".
Others are displayed in cases on the wall, however they don't photograph well due to the reflection in the glass.

IMG_6666.jpg

Damn Jon, that's drooling material that is!
drool.gif

Very nice folders! And they look good, displayed like that.

Kind regards,

Jos

Thank you Jos. They look a little funny in the picture but when you use your imagination, you know how they must look in real life.

You guys are making me want to rethink my displays ---- it might be worth sacrificing a knife for the ability to display the rest... Nice stuff guys, thanks for the pics.

You guys are making me want to rethink my displays ---- it might be worth sacrificing a knife for the ability to display the rest... Nice stuff guys, thanks for the pics.

:thumbup:

Definately

a couple of daggers and display stands.

Arpad Bojtos --
orig.jpg

Paul Jarvis --
orig.jpg

I have other methods of display and many of the knives are part of themes including other art work -- painting, sculpture, glass, porcelain etc

I took new pictures of my current set up so I figured I'd bring this thread back. Of course, I rotate the knives around in the boxes from time to time. And I have more knives that aren't displayed, sitting in the closet.

Here is the whole desk. Knife box on the left of the computer screen and two boxes to the right.

IMG_2684.jpg

These are more close ups.

IMG_2678.jpg

boxes1.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

Very nice display Jonathan. But I don't know if I could get much work done at that desk :)

I recently posted these displays in another thread, however they seem appropriate here as well.
Having my knives out in open where they can be constantly viewed is part of the enjoyment for me. I also like making the the displays. May try my luck at a display box in the future.

018.jpg

Kevin,
We don't know each other as it is rare that I ever get East Coast wise to shows, except an occassional Blade if I can get it timed with my annual visit home to NC... But looking at that bottle of Porfidio Anejo in with Kyle's gorgeous blade, well, I know we'd get along just fine!!! :D Fantastic display!
If you're ever out this way, give me a shout!

Kevin,
We don't know each other as it is rare that I ever get East Coast wise to shows, except an occassional Blade if I can get it timed with my annual visit home to NC... But looking at that bottle of Porfidio Anejo in with Kyle's gorgeous blade, well, I know we'd get along just fine!!! :D Fantastic display!
If you're ever out this way, give me a shout!

Fine knives and fine Tequila are a combination that's hard to beat. ;)
I use to spend quite a bit of time on the west coast but not in the last couple years.
Perhaps we can meet at Blade one year. I'm looking for 2010 to be a very good Blade Show.

I recently posted these displays in another thread, however they seem appropriate here as well.
Having my knives out in open where they can be constantly viewed is part of the enjoyment for me. I also like making the the displays. May try my luck at a display box in the future.

1024X1068.jpg

Kevin, I know this is an old post but curious if there is a link to whomever can make the covered displays shown in this picture. Thx

in all my years here, I think this is one of the worst thread necromancings I've seen🤪

This is a 12 year old thread please check dates before posting. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back