Knife Game

kalan850

Gold Member
Hello everyone!
So i got to thinking today....

About a week ago i started looking at my pelican case and had the grand idea of filling it all the knives i think i might enjoy having and that would be my collection goal. Whew! would i be one broke dude with that plan lol. I'm not a wealthy man and have many priorities...
So i decided to come up with a game to give my knife spending habits some order, Strategy, and add a challenging aspect to my knife collecting.../addiction.../acquisitions... lol
here goes

Game of Blades
Folding Knife Categories:
  1. Work Utility
  2. Casual
  3. Dress
Fixed Blade Categories:
  1. Outdoor Utility
  2. Outdoor wood processing
Rules:
  1. There will only be allowed 7 knives per folding knife category (that's one for each day of the week)
  2. There will only be allowed 6 knives per fixed blade knife category. (that's 3 for camp trips during fall and 3 for during spring.)
  3. Once all categories are full, in order to make room for a new knife one must be sold/traded/gifted
  4. The newly acquired knife will be tested and will be accepted or will be sold/traded/gifted in order to make you for the next applicable blade.
  5. Each knife that will be allowed into the limited 7 will have to meet my individual needs. (not be some hyped up knife that everyone else thinks is cool ya know what i mean lol)
  6. suggestions welcome
  7. suggestions welcome
  8. suggestions welcome
Example:
  • Work Utility = Spyderco Delica 4
  • Casual = ZT 0450
  • Dress = Case Mini Trapper
  • Outdoor Utility = Mora Companion
  • Outdoor Wood Processing = Becker BK9
I figure this way each tool has its place, its own meaning, acceptable collecting status and wont break the bank. This instills clear goals for my collecting. let me know what you all think and help me out with some additional rules to make it even more challenging.

Back