Knife guys 300.00+ knife in 20.00 jeans.

shinyedges

Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will
Gold Member
Platinum Member
Who can relate.. Most times my knife costs more than everything I'm wearing other than my watch.:D

Sure I can buy 100.00+ jeans but that'd make me a clothes guy and I'd be on hotclothesforum.com and avoiding any and all mud puddles and actual man tasks lol

Oh and then there is the pocket shredding from waving...

Attachments

• IMG_20160305_084910.jpg
    IMG_20160305_084910.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20160305_084918.jpg
    IMG_20160305_084918.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Although I don't forsee spending more than some of my knifes for a pair of jeans, I do spend more than $20 for jeans. But then again I find spending more for clothes is not only a good thing because of appearance but also because of quality and durability. But with regard to my wardrobe a good portion of my shoes are more expensive than any of my knives that I own but that's because I like nice shoes and boots. For me watches are also a thing and there's absolutely no way I would spend more for a knife than I have spent on any one of my watches. YMMV

Different strokes for different folks, my most expensive shoes are actually work boots and the boots still cost less than most of my knives.

Just for reference, I excluded my watch from this accounting of $.
Although I don't forsee spending more than some of my knifes for a pair of jeans, I do spend more than $20 for jeans. But then again I find spending more for clothes is not only a good thing because of appearance but also because of quality and durability. But with regard to my wardrobe a good portion of my shoes are more expensive than any of my knives that I own but that's because I like nice shoes and boots. For me watches are also a thing and there's absolutely no way I would spend more for a knife than I have spent on any one of my watches. YMMV

I'm a contractor. I get dirty. When I'm not getting dirty, I want to be comfy:D
My jeans are usually Levis or Lee bought off the shelf on sale from Kohls or Target or whatever. My watch is an entry-level G-Shock.

My work knife usually doesn't crack more than $135 mark, but since I get my work shirts from the company, it certainly costs more than my soft goods. My boots, I won't skimp on. They're usually $100+ composite toed since I wear them 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week.

I have nicer clothes and shoes...and knives:D I just don't get much of a chance to wear them:p

I feel ya on the boots... I don't skimp on them either.
During the warm months I'm raising animals like hogs and such so relaxed fit wranglers are where its at for me.

My go to town clothes is nicer but still not more than the knife on my waist or in my pocket lol
My jeans are usually Levis or Lee bought off the shelf on sale from Kohls or Target or whatever. My watch is an entry-level G-Shock.

My work knife usually doesn't crack more than $135 mark, but since I get my work shirts from the company, it certainly costs more than my soft goods. My boots, I won't skimp on. They're usually $100+ composite toed since I wear them 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week.

I have nicer clothes and shoes...and knives:D I just don't get much of a chance to wear them:p

My most expensive thing that I routinely carry is my cell phone in terms of its original cost. But I will say that the value of my knife is often one of the more expensive accessory items worn or carried on a regular basis. That includes my watch. I'm not hung up on watches.

I have mostly given up wearing blue jeans as my 20+ pairs of blue jeans could probably tell you if that talked.

Last edited:

I agree with the no-skimping on boots. For me I've got to have Timberline Pro's. Water-proof , insulated w/composite toe. I go through hell and back daily so good boots are an absolute must.

I also enjoy decent sunglasses the can cost a few bucks. These are the only articles of clothing (or accessory) that rivals the cost of some of my EDC's.

I do have an affinity for sneakers when in civilian/casual attire. NB's , Pumas , Vans , Asics. But they usually go for under $100 per pair.

My jeans are straight from Old Navy at @ $25 a pop.

It also depends on which EDC phase I'm currently in. Right now , I'm loving my Yo2 and 710 which are both sub $200 knives. So it can vary.

Hey... Just because you have more pricey jeans does not make you a clothes guy XD (speaking from experience)

Nice pair of jeans and sneaker is OK but does not bring the thrill of a new knife. Come to think of it I do need a new pair of New Balance.

I guess I'm probably in the minority: my other obsession besides knives and flashlights is jeans.

The raw denim world is actually pretty cool once you get into it! Though, of course, it's something that does detract from my knife budget.

Here's a knife that I paid about 200 for in a pair of jeans that I also paid 200 for:

ae9b8d9f08e83fa8e3b5919688854242.jpg

^^Holy mackerel! You spent 200.00 on them jeans?!?

That's the kind of response many folks give when they find out how much my knives cost :p

Hell more power to you, buy what you like.

I don't work in an office or business setting, so I don't wear a suit. I own a nice suit, and I can "dress myself up" and look good in it, but it's rarely worn except on very rare occasions. My job does not require me to look business-y, and in fact, dressing up in such a manner would be inappropriate (certified massage therapist).

My daily attire are Wrangler cargo pants ("rip-stop" kind for durability) bought at Wal-Mart, and a T-shirt. The pants go for $20 a pair. My shoes are usually Skechers walking shoes. Even with a decent-quality jacket added in, my entire daily wardrobe costs less than my main one-handed EDC knife (Insingo). These pants hold up very well for me. There are things (including certain clothes and work boots, etc.) that I won't skimp on, but for MY daily attire I need comfort, and the extra pockets sure help. I have yet to have one's pocket shred from clipping my Insingo in it, or develop any holes in the pockets. Expensive dress pants are very delicate.

Jim

Yeah, mostly cheap clothes here, but I'll pretty happily pay for added durability and comfort when it comes to clothes. I'm terrible about only having 3-4 pairs of jeans/work pants that I just continuously cycle through until they start to fall apart, th3n buying 3-4 more pairs. I tend towards cheap simply because that's easy, but if something 2-3 times the price will last me 2-3 times as long I'll happily spend the money.

On a side note, I don't wear work boots, but I do have work shoes. They're Redwings and they cost more than any of my knives. I LIKE my knives, I NEED good shoes.

I wear almost only Guess Jeans, they fit me great, some clarks or nikies, and a polo shirt, I wear my Hublot Big Bang or Jaeger Le Coultre and rotate between XM 18 and CRK 25, and drive my P car, I never spend that much on clothes, I'm an engineer, I guess what we do dictates what we wear, my brother a Lawyer goes way overboard on clothes,

I don't wear jeans much. I'm retired now, but I have a whole bunch of 5:11 pants in green & black, that were required for work, plus about six pairs of black duty boots. They're comfortable & that's what I wear all the time.

All my knives are in the $100-200 price range, so they cost more than my pants & most of them cost more than my boots.

Last edited:
I wear $20 jeans, and shirts, works fine for my needs. My shoes/boots run in the $150 range, my only watch is a Swiss Military (Wenger), and it suits my needs.

My EDC knives are usually more expensive than anything other than my glasses, but they are prescription.

I guess I just choose to put my extra cash into knives (and guitars, but they are not a daily carry item).

I like good stuff whatever that is, but when I'm about to buy something expensive I think "hell I could buy this or that knife with this money" and mostly just stick with the cheap stuff.

The only department where I'm ok with blowing money is in the outdoors gear department. Good clothing, boots, gloves, headlamp etc...

Jeans? my wife wishes I still had some! (kidding, I think there is still a pair or two in the back of my closet).

Lightweight cargo's for carrying all my stuff around in = win ;) For me, its just personal preference. I hate sitting on my wallet, and if I put it in my front pocket it just looks weird. With that in mind... I should minimize my wallet a bit. Thanks for costing me more money! off to look at wallets I go!

I'm the same as some of you. My jeans are $20 Wranglers. My work knives are $100 to $200.

I don't skimp on boots or cold weather coats. My boots are Redwings, coats are Carhartt.

The boots last a couple years, I'll destroy the coat in one winter. The knives will last longer than my lifetime.[emoji4]

Back