Knife guys 300.00+ knife in 20.00 jeans.

I don't wear jeans much anymore, but the pair I'm wearing now cost ~$100.
They've been in my wardrobe for at least 5 years so far and still hanging in there.
Even back when I'd buy "expensive" jeans, I thought most offerings were ugly.

Plain Dickies have been my mainstay since the late 90s. Their Slim/Straight line comes in a myriad of colors and they work just as well for work, play, and dressing up a bit if need be.

A quality jeans like PRPS will cost you >$300 here.
A quality sunglass like IC-Berlin will easily cost you over $500... :eek:
But the good news is knife product like CRK, ZT and Spyderco are being sold here at the same price to the US :D

I'm not a millionaire but I like quality stuff, so I bought all thing mentioned :thumbup:

I spend $20 on pants and they're buy one get one free. They hold my $200 knife quite nicely.

I don't work in an office or business setting, so I don't wear a suit. I own a nice suit, and I can "dress myself up" and look good in it, but it's rarely worn except on very rare occasions. My job does not require me to look business-y, and in fact, dressing up in such a manner would be inappropriate (certified massage therapist).

My daily attire are Wrangler cargo pants ("rip-stop" kind for durability) bought at Wal-Mart, and a T-shirt. The pants go for $20 a pair. My shoes are usually Skechers walking shoes. Even with a decent-quality jacket added in, my entire daily wardrobe costs less than my main one-handed EDC knife (Insingo). These pants hold up very well for me. There are things (including certain clothes and work boots, etc.) that I won't skimp on, but for MY daily attire I need comfort, and the extra pockets sure help. I have yet to have one's pocket shred from clipping my Insingo in it, or develop any holes in the pockets. Expensive dress pants are very delicate.

Jim

I forgot to mention, I wear an arch support system from The Good Feet Store that can be moved from one pair of shoes to another. These supports cost me around $500...well over the price of my Insingo.

Jim

The knives and gun I have on me at any given moment during the day routinely rival the cost of my entire wardrobe.

The only time I've spent allot on clothing was in high school...$200-400 designer jeans $100-200 designer shirts, $200 sneakers...and looking back what an idiot I was lol...I could've bought all kinds of knives with what I spent on clothing...(I worked for it all too, not parental hand outs)

Luckily I came to my senses when I moved out and reality set it... Now a days my jeans are less than $50 usually around $20... The only clothing I buy that would be considered expensive are my work boots (which I actually need a new pair of, any recommendations? I'm on my feet 10-15 hours a day with allot of walking) and my camo (love under armour camo)

I won't hesitate to drop 300.00+ on a knife, but will refuse to spend more than 60.00 on a pair of tennis shoes. Most day, my knife is the most expensive thing on me.
I've learned not to shake my head at what other folks spend money on that I never would, because they don't understand why I need more than one knife.
Hell, if my attire was as expensive as my knife collection, I'd be up a creek without a paddle. I don't mind when I get something on my pants or shirt, but get anal if I don't clean my blade after it's used.

I buy $20 regular Levi's Signature jeans at Wal-mart. I like Dickes too, ~$25. Knife, watch, and phone are easily worth over a grand together, lol. Never really thought about it before. Have a nice pair of Danner boots that I expect to last a long time.

I wear designer clothes, wear designer sneakers, carry nice knives and have fun doing it. I don't see why someone should be looked down upon simply because they like the finer things in life. You're good with your $20 pair of jeans? Good for you, I'm glad you're happy. I'm happy doing what I do.

I wear designer clothes, wear designer sneakers, carry nice knives and have fun doing it. I don't see why someone should be looked down upon simply because they like the finer things in life. You're good with your $20 pair of jeans? Good for you, I'm glad you're happy. I'm happy doing what I do.

I don't think any of us have cast aspersions on people that wear more expensive clothes, I suspect this thread is more about the amusement gained from tossing hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars of steel into a $20 pair of pants. Heck, I can pretty much promise you we have members here that will happily carry and use a $1,000+ custom folder and then go into the kitchen and make dinner with a cheapo set of Walmart special kitchen knives. Everyone on here is an odd duck one way or another. :)

My knife is typically my most expensive item aside from my wrist watch. My jeans, however, are not cheap. I learned a few years back that the single-stitched Walmart jeans don't hold up to jack. I buy 80$ Levis and I have a grand total of two pair. I have had both pair for 4 years and they are still in great shape. I would rather spend 160$ on two pairs of jeans that last than 100$ a year on 10$ jeans that wear out after a month of use.

Are those Bugle Boy? :D

I guess I'm probably in the minority: my other obsession besides knives and flashlights is jeans.

The raw denim world is actually pretty cool once you get into it! Though, of course, it's something that does detract from my knife budget.

Here's a knife that I paid about 200 for in a pair of jeans that I also paid 200 for:

ae9b8d9f08e83fa8e3b5919688854242.jpg

Not sure where you got the impression anyone was looking down upon people who buy nice things. If you read through the thread I think you'll find the exact opposite is the case.

Insipid hit the nail on the head.

I can relate 100%
I won't hesitate to drop 300.00+ on a knife, but will refuse to spend more than 60.00 on a pair of tennis shoes. Most day, my knife is the most expensive thing on me.
I've learned not to shake my head at what other folks spend money on that I never would, because they don't understand why I need more than one knife.
Hell, if my attire was as expensive as my knife collection, I'd be up a creek without a paddle. I don't mind when I get something on my pants or shirt, but get anal if I don't clean my blade after it's used.

I love my Duluth Trading Firehose pants. Comfortable as heck with zillions of pockets to carry all my stuff (including knives). They cost less than most of my knives.
I also have a pair of Carhartts that come with an extra layer of fabric on the right front pocket to accommodate the wear from a knife clip.
My Firehose pants are my favorites though. They come in many different styles with different options.

I wear Levi's & had been carrying a custom knife for the last 4 years, until my Inkosi arrived, and now I am carrying i; we ALL get knife pocket disease. I just live with it. I really don't care

I love my Duluth Trading Firehose pants. Comfortable as heck with zillions of pockets to carry all my stuff (including knives). They cost less than most of my knives.
I also have a pair of Carhartts that come with an extra layer of fabric on the right front pocket to accommodate the wear from a knife clip.
My Firehose pants are my favorites though. They come in many different styles with different options.

I've heard really good things about those Duluth Firehose pants. I may have to spend a bit of money and upgrade my trousers.

Wesco or Frye boots....with a Pro-tech Dark Angel or Tekna Boot Knife clipped.

No EltonJohnjeans here. 501's forever....with an Emerson, Olamic, Terzuola or Cold Steel in a pocket.

Designer is finer?

Another guilty one (gun, knife, watch together can at times cost 100x the pants, shirt, and shoes I have on).
Yet I poke fun at the kid who puts $2,500 in rims and tires on his $300 Ford Taurus :)

Back