Knife guys 300.00+ knife in 20.00 jeans.

Good clothing is always worth the price of admission- and this comes from someone who grew up not knowing that there were clothing companies other than Wrangler. As it is with knives, or any other luxury good, you can spend a few bucks and get something that may or may not last, or you can spend a little extra for quality designs and craftsmanship.

My side arm is the most expensive thing that I wear.

+1.

2nd. Cobalt wedding band ~ $100
3rd. Knife $80 (my average price, I never bought one more then $140)
4th. Entry G Shock $ 60

I rarely pay more then $30 for jeans (even thou I'm Big and Tall and have to order online usually). I also stopped carrying a waved knife. Not worth ripping up pants imo. YMMV.

12 dollar Lee jeans and my $200 Nocona boots and my $200 knife.

Yeah, I'm guilty: 60 dollar jeans, 30 dollar shoes, 40 dollar shirt, 500+ dollar knife, 500+ dollar fountain pen. :shrug:

I like nice everything. Guns, knives, watches, fountain pens, clothes, all kinds of footwear, glasses, backpacks, briefcases so on & so forth. What I like even more is to get a SCREAMIN' DEAL on "fancy" stuff. Although, I can't get into expensive flashlights (I'll lose them), & I can't wrap my mind around gadgets like knucks & pry bars, especially when they are hundreds of dollars (PLEASE don't crucify me knuck & pry bar guys).

I guess what I glean from this thread is that we all have different things we like to spend our money on. Yeah, I know, I'm deep like that.:cool:

Last edited:
$600 Springfield .45
$425 Micarta Sebenza
$9.99 Jeans from Menards

They hold up every bit as well as Lee & Wrangler. As long as I get my 7 belt loops and longevity, I'm good.

Well in defense I have many pairs of $20 jeans while for knives I have,,,,,,,,,,,well maybe I better not answer that.

Bout the same here $20 wrangelers carrying a benchmade usually Subrosa or AFO. Merrell hiking boots, I always invest in my feet as I do a lot of walking. Pants are whatever feels good and is cheap, shirts are usually haines T shirts bought in a 4 pack, same as socks, something cheap. I think my entire daily wardrobe is cheaper than any knife I carry.

I wear Rustlers, Dickies work jeans, or Wranglers.(period) I ride an Electra Glide Police Special or I am fishing Lake O on my boat. So there ya go. As for boots I like good boots, Stewart handmades from Tuscon, Wolverien Cowboys boots or Carolina Biker Boots. Cheap sneakers from Wally World which actually last a long time. I like Casio Triple Sensors, a high end Invicta my wife bought me 12 yrs ago for my birthday or a Seiko big diver watch, sidearm is a first year issue Colt CCO from I think 94 with a good belt and holster(s). keepem sharp

PS forgot the most important thing seeing how this is BF's, a nice fixed blade at camp or a Sebbie 25, Hinderer XM, SOCOM Delta, but most likely a CS UH.

Last edited:
I wear $23 canvas pants (haven't worn jeans for 20 years now). In the pocket is a vintage Ulster/Craftsman slipjoint that cost me $15 shipped 16 months ago and on the belt is a S&W M13 that cost me $165 about ten years ago. It's not necessary to spend a ton of money to get quality and value in almost anything you buy. Usually just takes a bit of patience and awareness and an eye on the lookout and the willingness to spring as soon as you find the deal.

Last edited:
$30 Old Navy jeans, whatever tee shirt has migrated to the top of the drawer (unknown cost), $180 Red Wing boots, $300 Maui Jim sunglasses, $800 Medford Viper knife - my priorities.

Retired, so $35 Lee or Levi jeans. Florida, so $130 German sandals. Folder is $450 Southard AVO, $600 rose-gold pocket-watch, $500 Glock. I might have to check out some of those 5:11 jeans or Duluth Trading Firehose pants. I like pockets; sometimes cargoes.

I have been known to carry a $600 folder in a pair of jeans I paid five bucks for at the Salvation Army thrift store.

40 bucks for Levis and $60 for Lucky Brand. Quailty jeans are a must for me, but the Lucky brand are as high as i go. And as for knives my $25 Cold Steel Lone Star hunter will out last all my jeans.

Back