Knife guys 300.00+ knife in 20.00 jeans.

DAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN I want that top blade something serious!! Where did you get an elmax socom alpha?

The Evil Bay. Same seller also has a clip point available.

Thanks, I'll keep my head on a swivel.

I've recently entered into the world of higher priced jeans in the last few years. It is quite a change you can see in the quality and finish. I guess that comes with most things. But, all is also in the eye of the beholder. Nothing wrong with the $20 pair of jeans if they are just want you want! I tend to carry a relatively expensive folder ($200-$400) in a pair of jeans that also costs in a range of $200-$350

Last edited:
Alas, I'm also afflicted with the denim disease along with the knife lust, I have many pairs of Japanese selvage denim (material not the maker).
The denim culture is even weirder than the knife guys, you should read the arguments about the proper way to shrink fit a pair of proper indigo selvage denim jeans....... and then don't even get into how to wash them........ it's an argument worse than steel discussions on here...
Some days the knife is worth more, others the knife worth less... but always I'm rocking a set of blundstone boots.

That being said, I'm never far from a cv case trapper either...

I appreciate nice knives, jeans, and boots, and north american manufacturers, such as filson, Duluth, mystery ranch, etc....

I just have to work that much more overtime...

I usually wear Nudie Jeans, or Naked & Famous for work. My Pipsqueak or my 0900 in the back pocket.

Me too! That picture that I posted is a pair of naked and famous slub stretch. They make some great stuff!

I got a sister in law who works in a decent retail chain with other stores under their umbrella ownership so I get her discount on pretty decent jeans. Doesn't matter the quality of the denim isn't what it used to be. I live in jeans and cycle through 3 pair in about 1.5 years and then I need three more. The secret is to not wash them until they need it. Yeah I like nice boots too. I hate athletic shoes and only wear them in the summer.

That wouldn't work for me. I don't wear underwear.

I don't like spending money on clothes because I don't go out much and have 3 toddlers. At home I'm usually in sweats and a tshirt combined value 15.00, when I do buy jeans they are usually Wranglers or Levi's between 20-30 dollars same goes with the pricier shirts and hoodies, shoes I like to stay under 60.00, and Sketchers boots were 125.00 but I got them on sale for 60.00, my 2 main knives are a Mini Grip 110.00 and Zt 0770cf 235.00 all prices are in Canadian dollars.

I got a sister in law who works in a decent retail chain with other stores under their umbrella ownership so I get her discount on pretty decent jeans. Doesn't matter the quality of the denim isn't what it used to be. I live in jeans and cycle through 3 pair in about 1.5 years and then I need three more. The secret is to not wash them until they need it. Yeah I like nice boots too. I hate athletic shoes and only wear them in the summer.

Never had a problem with basic $20-$30 Levi or Old Navy jeans lasting MUCH longer than 1.5 years, even with regular laundering...

I work in an office but I wear jeans almost every day. I'm not a pretty boy so I don't wear pretty boy jeans, and I won't buy Levi's jeans because of their backwards politics. These days I only wear Wranglers and I've found that they are one of the most durable brands and one of the most comfortable brands. I don't buy real expensive knives, most are in the $100-200 range. My watches are a little more than that but not in the expensive range. My favorite tennis shoes are TNF so they are probably the most expensive item of clothing that I normally wear.

I rarely wear jeans as 'cotton kills' here in Montana. Weather is too unpredictable (esp. in the high country) and once they're wet, they stay wet for a long time. Never could find any that would last. Oh, and I usually carry a Spydie PM2 ($120) in various North Face or Marmot pants (maybe $75?). So I guess my knife costs only 1.6x as much as my pants!

raw denim, made in the usa for me. I won't buy junk knives and i won't by junk anything else.

Never had a problem with basic $20-$30 Levi or Old Navy jeans lasting MUCH longer than 1.5 years, even with regular laundering...

Some people are harder on clothing than others (not a value judgement, just an observation.) Heck, I'm hell on shoes and pants, but a $5 T-shirt can last me years and years.

For me I like the Eddie Bauer jeans they have a lifetime warranty so when I blow the pockets out I just return them and for $60 a pair they are not too expensive and they stock my weird size 31X32. My EDC knife is either a Strider SMF or Microtech QC Scarab so roughly $500 there. Boots are Redwing Iron Rangers or Moc Toes , and my shades lately have been Persols so my EDC is getting spendy.

150+ selvedge jeans. Cause I like nice denim
$250 redwings, cause you should invest on your feet and your bed.
>150$ folder.
I guess I have it backwards

I've always refused to pay more than $30ish for general duty pants. Dress pants are another matter, but I wear them so infrequently that it doesn't matter.

Boots, watch, knives, and belt are the places I drop $.

I have an underwear fetish :) - Must be Under Armour - Pulls the butt sweat away here in Arizona. - $22/pair
Duluth Trading Firehose pants - $65
La Sportiva Boots - $180
Spyderco Slysz Bowie - $270
Custom Watch - $650
Shirt - Whatever - $5 - $40
Oakley Sunglasses - $120
Olight S1 Baton - $25

I am spoiled :)

My style pretty much froze in the early 90s. I'm basically an 80s/90s preppie. I'm most comfortable in khaki pants and a button-down or polo shirt. I also like to carry smaller gentlemen's knives, usually in the $100 to $400 range. Titanium is preferred.

Back