Photos Knife Identification #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Yes. This point has been made abundantly clear to me. You all don't need to keep saying it over and over. I get it. Really. I appreciate your passion about knife design, but I still want to pursue this. So please, just let me do so. Help me find the closest real world equivalents to these knives. I understand that none of them are 100% factual, but I still want to try. I don't need any of you to be gamers. I need you to be knife experts, and you are. So please. Just help me out here. I'm sorry you guys disapprove of video game knife designs. I don't want any bad blood. But I would really appreciate it if you guys would stop chastising me about it.

"I don't want to hear what you have to say unless it meets a very specific set of parameters I've dictated, therefore I'm going to continue to petulantly chase down these trash video game "designs" even though it's been made clear to me that none of these exist in the actual world."

Have you tried looking at your local flea market, at the "knifes" table? Should be plenty of poorly made, poorly designed killer stabber knives there for you to look at. Barring that, since you seem primarily interested in cosplay pieces and not into actual knives, maybe head to Instagram and see if one of those makers will make you one for your wall?

"I don't want to hear what you have to say unless it meets a very specific set of parameters I've dictated, therefore I'm going to continue to petulantly chase down these trash video game "designs" even though it's been made clear to me that none of these exist in the actual world."

Have you tried looking at your local flea market, at the "knifes" table? Should be plenty of poorly made, poorly designed killer stabber knives there for you to look at. Barring that, since you seem primarily interested in cosplay pieces and not into actual knives, maybe head to Instagram and see if one of those makers will make you one for your wall?
Look, I will once again say that I appreciate your passion. Furthermore, I don't have a problem with you being disgusted with fictional knife designs in video games. But I consider it very disrespectful that you're posting on my thread only to lecture me about it. If you don't approve, that's fine. And you probably have the right to disapprove since you're the knife expert and I'm not. All I want is for you stop posting comments like that on my thread. That's it. I don't think that's unreasonable. There's no reason for conflict here. I respect you guys for your knowledge. Really I do. Just please stop posting things like this on my thread.

Look, I will once again say that I appreciate your passion. Furthermore, I don't have a problem with you being disgusted with fictional knife designs in video games. But I consider it very disrespectful that you're posting on my thread only to lecture me about it. If you don't approve, that's fine. And you probably have the right to disapprove since you're the knife expert and I'm not. All I want is for you stop posting comments like that on my thread. That's it. I don't think that's unreasonable. There's no reason for conflict here. I respect you guys for your knowledge. Really I do. Just please stop posting things like this on my thread.

Your tone in all of your posts means your opinion of what is and isn't disrespectful is entirely meaningless. You don't get to dictate to people what they can and can't post. Period.

Also? There's something you should probably understand, so you'll stop saying it and sounding silly. This isn't "your thread". You have posted a thread for discussion on an open forum. If you only want certain responses, then you should probably take your request to your Instagram or Facebook pages where you can control a narrative. Here? That's not going to fly.

Edited to add: You should also understand that I'm not intentionally trying to be a jerk to you, but you have literally made more comments asking people to stop posting in your thread, than you have any worthwhile posts. Fact is, you already have the answer (that you seem not to want to accept): the knives you're looking for don't exist. Sorry.

Actually most people think the same :)
I'm not that surprised, I'm just an ordinary guy. However, I may have some more refined tastes.
I consider this quite beautiful. On the ornary side, sure, but definitely nice. And there are ducks...

8Mk3Wsh.jpg

Okay. Fine. So it's not "My thread". The point is I came here just for answers to questions I have. As I have stated many times before, my interest in this area is by no means indicative that I lack any kind of respect for non-fictional knife designs. Quite to the contrary. But I don't appreciate being chastised continually about this. I'm sorry I don't have any questions about non-fictional knives. If I did, I'd ask them here. I don't want any conflict. Please. I appreciate your passion for knife design, but I just want to stay on the topic of the thread.

You didn't get 99 % of the thread. Which is kind of sad. What is it about "opening the doors of perception" that you didn't get ?

Okay. Fine. So it's not "My thread". The point is I came here just for answers to questions I have. As I have stated many times before, my interest in this area is by no means indicative that I lack any kind of respect for non-fictional knife designs. Quite to the contrary. But I don't appreciate being chastised continually about this. I'm sorry I don't have any questions about non-fictional knives. If I did, I'd ask them here. I don't want any conflict. Please. I appreciate your passion for knife design, but I just want to stay on the topic of the thread.

I agree, let's stay on topic. Please explain to us what you are specifically looking for with regard to these knives. We have already explained to you that these knives don't actually specifically exist, but appear to have been designs done by game coders who don't know anything about knives but who saw some designs of various knives they liked, and just drew something up for the protagonist to stab people with using elements from various knives.

So, I'll ask again: what do you need this information for? Are you wanting a knife that has features from one of those video game knives? Are you attempting a cosplay project? Are you a video game coder who's looking to steal, er..."be inspired" by the work done by others? Are you a video game fan who just wants something cool to hang on your wall? What is your actual purpose?

Unknown model of dual fixed blade combat knives
CGI model designer neglected to include markings and dimensions of blade
First appeared in the video game "Nuclear Dawn"
What is the make and model of this knife? Would appreciate being as specific as possible.
May not be an existing model. Will settle for closest real-world equivalent.

Please Identify:
https://imgur.com/gallery/3bhkKVv

PLEASE STAY ON THE TOPIC OF KNIFE IDENTIFICATION

If you would click the BB link on Imgur, you can post that here as a picture instead of a link. Also, what's with starting all these "identify this knife" threads? Just google nuclear dawn knife.
I agree, let's stay on topic. Please explain to us what you are specifically looking for with regard to these knives. We have already explained to you that these knives don't actually specifically exist, but appear to have been designs done by game coders who don't know anything about knives but who saw some designs of various knives they liked, and just drew something up for the protagonist to stab people with using elements from various knives.

So, I'll ask again: what do you need this information for? Are you wanting a knife that has features from one of those video game knives? Are you attempting a cosplay project? Are you a video game coder who's looking to steal, er..."be inspired" by the work done by others? Are you a video game fan who just wants something cool to hang on your wall? What is your actual purpose?

Dilly dilly!

Well that knife is very lovely. What model is it?
The Vostok by A&R Zlatoust. A (old) russian brand made with russian steel. It's OK with me. And I think the knife is awesomely beautiful. It may not be the best performer in the field but, as I don't get in the field that much, I give it the good ole' beating at home. It does great !

Last edited:
Fine. If it'll get you guys to ease up. Yes, I'm a coder, but I'm not trying to steal code. I'm trying to make a program for me and my friends to play that'll use realistic weapons in gameplay. But the coding's going to take a while. In the meantime, I'm dealing with factual details. I'm taking a lot of inspiration from other games at the moment, including Counter-strike and Gmod. But I like to strive for accuracy, and I want to give the weapons available to us accurate names. So I'm trying to get as close to the knives I already like. Since I'm only going to be using it for me and my friends without distribution, I don't need to worry about the copyright of using real knives. There! Are you satisfied?

I'm not that surprised, I'm just an ordinary guy. However, I may have some more refined tastes.
I consider this quite beautiful. On the ornary side, sure, but definitely nice. And there are ducks...

8Mk3Wsh.jpg
Is it A&R? I have one knife from this company, and it was designed by the same guy who create Punisher but in more classic style
Bo0i5gG.jpg

If you would click the BB link on Imgur, you can post that here as a picture instead of a link. Also, what's with starting all these "identify this knife" threads? Just google nuclear dawn knife.
You really think I didn't try Googling this stuff first? I relentlessly hunted through other websites for these answers. I couldn't get any though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back