knife kit progress?

I imagine that you're swamped with settling into your new digs and taking care of your brand new youngster, but I was wondering about how the knife kits were coming along. Any progress pics to share?

no pics yet. I've got 3 57s (convex EDC) ready for me to pick out handle stuff. I've got 4 simplicities to heat treat, and a few misc. others.

what I need to know, since I'm not used to the kit game, is how much people need in terms of finish.

I know exactly what I need to do on the one simplicity order.

I've got a mini bolo and two 57s (convex EDC) sitting here roughly ready for me to add scales and pins and put them up, but ....

the bolo isn't too hard, it's a forge finish, so you should be good with the 320 grit convex edge to work with finishing with a strop bat and/or sandpaper.

The 57s are full convex grinds, but I'm not sure if I should send kits out at a 220 grit or 320 grit finish or if I should pull the blades through a full hand sanding to 600 grit.

I'd have no problem with a forge finish and a well-finished scandivex edge.

Knocking the forge finish off lightly would be great-looking too.

The Simplicity I'd like from you wouldn't need scales or pins or tubes. I'd be happy to "handle" that aspect of the kit from my stash of exotic wood and metal bits.

I'd have no problem with a forge finish and a well-finished scandivex edge.

Knocking the forge finish off lightly would be great-looking too.

The Simplicity I'd like from you wouldn't need scales or pins or tubes. I'd be happy to "handle" that aspect of the kit from my stash of exotic wood and metal bits.

Yeah, yours I have written down with 400 grit on the forge finish and all but stropping on the edge.

STILL waiting to get the simplicity blades heat treated, otherwise coming along. The 57s are getting close to ready.

Back