Knife Models by David Mary and Collaborations

Mustelid Scouts

A hair under 7" overall with a blade just under 3 1/2" from tip to heel. The original designs were seven in number as disclosed in the thread where they were first discussed. In the most most recent run of them I used a square blank for additional customizability beyond the original blade shapes. Here are a few examples:

From Spring 2023:

A Weasel Scout, aka Speed Weasel, with Indian Ebony scales.

img_1857-jpg.2156532

A Marten Scout with a segmented handle:
img_1896-jpg.2156528

An Otter Scout with segmented handle:
img_1995-jpg.2160546

And a few from the most recent run, a Marten Scout with customized blade shape, three Weasel Scouts, and a Wolverine:
img_5501-jpeg.2506635

Weasel Scout 2024 1.jpg
Weasel Scout 2024 2.jpg
Weasel Scout 2024 3.jpg
Wolverine Scout 2024 1.jpg
Scouts in Sheaths.jpg

I love the versatility of the speed weasel. I carry mine dangled off my belt tip up. A simple Paracord loop in the last eyelet. Also makes it great for pocket carry as I can use the loop as a grab handle away from the blade.

These are a home run.

Screamer

This is a collaboration that took place as a result of a brief interaction in the general forums.

By all accounts David Mary David Mary makes some real screamers

Screamers, eh.... do I detect a new model name? 🤤

And so I contacted him and asked, if I were to make a knife with this name, what would it look like? And to my great pleasure, the friendly Quiet drew up the following design concepts (his pic), and said if I make one, he'd love to have the first one:

Screamer-Concept-1.jpg

He described it as a concept knife for garden and yard work. So with some very small tweaks to the profile here and there, I created a knife that is mostly faithful to his original concept, his prototype sporting matte finished desert ironwood with orange G10 accents.

IMG-6597.jpg

Now that being said, there is the alternative Screamer design that I have not explored yet, and it, too, looks very enticing and I might have to give it a go at some point as well.

Thanks for the fun project Quiet Quiet !

Back