Photos Knife Mods! Did it yourself? ...show off your work.

I put my rat 1 on a diet. I think it will be sheding a little more soon.

Scallops perhaps? She flies out & free drops w/o a hint of blade play.
b5R1FaI.jpg

First regrinds not done freehand. Still need to dial it in a bit but was able to just barely eliminate the hollow grind from these Sharpfingers without taking off too much steel. the last inch or so of blade has just slight bit of flex.

Blades are done at about 2.8° per side. A little unintended contact on the ricasso and the base of the first one is a slight bit thick (can see the secondary grind flare a bit), but all in all am pretty happy about it. Second one turned out dead-on.

These are the kid's camping/GP knives, I wanted to get rid of the dead spot just above the ricasso on the original grind and got a serious bug to undertake this.

TTHFy3Jl.jpg

LhkoJLCl.jpg

d2f9CCNl.jpg

Oq5Ai6Cl.jpg

First regrinds not done freehand. Still need to dial it in a bit but was able to just barely eliminate the hollow grind from these Sharpfingers without taking off too much steel. the last inch or so of blade has just slight bit of flex.

Blades are done at about 2.8° per side. A little unintended contact on the ricasso and the base of the first one is a slight bit thick (can see the secondary grind flare a bit), but all in all am pretty happy about it. Second one turned out dead-on.

These are the kid's camping/GP knives, I wanted to get rid of the dead spot just above the ricasso on the original grind and got a serious bug to undertake this.

TTHFy3Jl.jpg

LhkoJLCl.jpg

d2f9CCNl.jpg

Oq5Ai6Cl.jpg
Looks nice and slicey now, good job!:thumbsup:

Here's some of my recent tinkering...

Basketweave on an Al Mar Eagle
Screenshot_20200524-035735_Gallery~2.jpg

Ivory inlays on a Microtech Scarab
Screenshot_20200526-223058_Photos~2.jpg

The stonewashed handles on this Kershaw Lucha were too slick for me so I gave it a beadblast for grip and then two-toned...flips SO much better now. Doesn't even feel too heavy now that I'm not worried about it flying out of my hand.

screenshot_20200614-115852_photos-2-jpg.1359072
screenshot_20200614-115845_gallery-2-jpg.1359073

Re-handle on an old Cold Steel Mini-Tanto, woven copper wrap over stingray on a G-10 core:cool:

Screenshot_20200611-140503_Photos~2.jpg

20200613_222936.jpg
BUSSE Combat
SUS Scrofa
I wanted a straight edged blade. I used a ruler and marker to take off as little steel as possible.

I started using sandpaper and a notebook to convex it and the pointy tip went away leaving THIS pointy tip.

Sharpest knife I own.

Here's a few things done in the past. Spyder GB2 Access Mod. Opened up the full Spydie Hole, also giving much more access to the lock bar. Making it both easy opening and easy closing.

Wf0Ogx5.jpg

fj9iZE5.jpg

C5uwzWm.jpg

Spyder Positron, opened up lock access a bit.

OvEGdB0.jpg

Have done a crap ton of basic anodizing.

sLDQeee.jpg

PcwMKwX.jpg

Couple more access mods.

F0LDxTE.jpg

A few VERY amateur scales.

HctrN63.jpg

jN1Gh7A.jpg

CGL4eur.jpg

4g8QHKs.jpg

And a bit-o-leatherwork.

g2nqktP.jpg

m3asl4v.jpg

Fp64o7S.jpg

47iePfR.jpg

RsjKrvL.jpg

m6xyfVw.jpg

D5eFazQ.jpg

F0hoxYY.jpg

FK1EX2V.jpg

Here's a few things done in the past. Spyder GB2 Access Mod. Opened up the full Spydie Hole, also giving much more access to the lock bar. Making it both easy opening and easy closing.

Wf0Ogx5.jpg

fj9iZE5.jpg

C5uwzWm.jpg

Spyder Positron, opened up lock access a bit.

OvEGdB0.jpg

Have done a crap ton of basic anodizing.

sLDQeee.jpg

PcwMKwX.jpg

Couple more access mods.

F0LDxTE.jpg

A few VERY amateur scales.

HctrN63.jpg

jN1Gh7A.jpg

CGL4eur.jpg

4g8QHKs.jpg

And a bit-o-leatherwork.

g2nqktP.jpg

m3asl4v.jpg

Fp64o7S.jpg

47iePfR.jpg

RsjKrvL.jpg

m6xyfVw.jpg

D5eFazQ.jpg

F0hoxYY.jpg

FK1EX2V.jpg
where did u get that punch?

Though it looks cool, the scales are crap. They do not fit correctly, but I'll probably sand them to fit. It's not terrible, still usable. Should have bought better scales. I cheaper out and the old scales got trashed.

7hWsh54.jpg

Are those 3d printed or what?
Though it looks cool, the scales are crap. They do not fit correctly, but I'll probably sand them to fit. It's not terrible, still usable. Should have bought better scales. I cheaper out and the old scales got trashed.

7hWsh54.jpg

Back