Knife on Battlestar Galactica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those who watch the series:

Did anyone catch a glimpse of the folder used by Starbuck to cut through the Cylon in the latest episode? It's the scene where she's crashed on the planet, finds the downed Cylon Raider, opens it's bottom hatch and cuts through it's flesh to get inside it. Has anyone been able to ID the folder?

Saw the episode (which was awesome) and noticed that as well but the scene was too fast for me ID the knife.

I still have the episode on tivo. I'll have to check.

It looked like she used one of these to cut the lines she was tangled in.

I saw that to, it looked sort of like a microtech with some aditions to make it look futuristic maybe?

As a die hard fan of the original series, (dating myself here), it GALLS me to admit that the new one is starting to grow on me.

As a matter of fact,,,they just played all 5 BattleStars' tonight,,,,and I tried as best I could to see the knife...

Now, as far as I could tell,,,the ONLY real chance you got to freeze the shot and zoom in on the knife to ID it happens when she is under the Cilon ship and reaches into her boot to pull out the knife.

In a very fast shot we do get a look at the knife in a folded position, and I think I saw it opening...

The knife is all steel....handle and all,,,the handle looked like it had many holes drilled into it....I think I saw a thumb screw device to help open it when closed....I also think there were other blades,,,or perhaps it was just a but of artwork to the blade, Im not sure,,,,

If you can, I would ask you to try to freeze the shot of Star Buck when she is under the ship, opens the hatch, and takes out her knife,,,,,

Thanks for the screen shots Gizmo. I watched the episode again last night (watched all 5 actually) and it is difficult to make out. My impression was as The Last Confederate's in that it looked like a suped-up Microtech, but it does appear to be all steel.

I was around for the original show, but I think this issue is way better. Maybe the style of shooting it, the writing or the people. I'm a fan of Olmos, very good actor there.

I too was a fan of the original and in most cases when they re-do a show or movie it sucks , but not here. IMHO this is best Sci Fi seriies ever and a big contender for one of the best TV series of all time , and I am not a big TV kinda guy.

I too am a big fan of the original Battlestar Galactica (which was okay for it's time), but the new Galactica series rocks! It is the best science fiction series to date. By the way, for you flashaholics out there: Starbuck used a Streamlight Scorpion flashlight to peek inside the Cylon's body. Helo and Boomer also used Scorpions on Caprica. I'm still curious as to what type of folder was used. I hope we see more knives in the series. :cool:

the bridge could be better,,,

But I love the way the show is filmed,,,,the camara moves,,,it jumps around,,,it has to "catch" up to the action as if shot live in a real war zone....I also like the way things go out of focas as it the camara crew is doing the shot live and raceing to film one person and then cut back to the other person speaking.....very cool,,,keeps the story real,,,,Keeps it with a feel of being real and now

However the bridge could be cooler,,,not so much like a room next to the kitchen, because thats what it seems to be now.......

On the Old TV show the bridge had a window,,,and you could look at an outside shot of the BattleStar and find the bridge,,,,anyone know where this bridge is on the outside shots?

I also like the way the Beltar guy is crazy and sees the blonde while talking to other people,,I mlike the fact that the actor playing Beltor did a good job of Star Trek DS9, so he knows how to keep to the Sci-Fi story world,,I also like the way there are like 3 or 4 stories going on at the same time on different worlds and in different times.....

I love the idea of a president,,,,and the struggle to have a fighting leader and a leader of State at the same time, yet on the same side,,,,both keping the same secrets,,,,

Starbuck as a girl is good,,,,the actor who plays StarBuck does a good job,,,she sells the story....Boomer is also well cast as a girl,,and her secret is a cool add-on to the plot...

The only problem I have with the captian of the Battle Star is that he is always looking down and grumbeling,,,,,always,,,,looking down,,,,,,always looking down............always looking down.......

but this one problem, is so minor,,,that I guess I will have to get used to it,,,,It's that actors style,,and thats that,,,,LOL

James Callis plays Dr. Gius Baltar, but for the life of me I don't remember him on ST DS9, who did he play?

I loved the mini series and the first few episodes of this weekly series, but that episode with Starbuck climbing into the Cylon craft and finding control inputs she could operate with her hands and feet (imagine reaching into your PC and operating the CPU, RAM, etc. using your hands) was a little too much. Furthermore, how did she resolve being in space after the hull of the Cylon spacecraft had been breached? In the Battlestar Galactica universe, is not space a vacuum?

She plugged the hole in the ship with her spacesuit...We dont really get a good shot of her takeing off her spacesuite but when later she is flying the ship we see she does not have it on then, and when she is on the Battle Star she is not in it , if I remember that correctly.

Would a rolled up spacesuit plug a 2 -3 inch hole?....It might I think,,,and I think I remember a few shots of the plugged hole later that show it was working....

and becides, this was just the way the writers fixed the problem,,Im sure she could have just reached into a pocket, pulled out some magic space goup and sprayed the hole with it, and that would have been seen as a good plug too,,,

The Last Confederate said:
James Callis plays Dr. Gius Baltar, but for the life of me I don't remember him on ST DS9, who did he play?

well...I only think he was on Star Trek DS9......he just reminds me of someone on that show....

Take away the beard,,,the long hair....he reminds me of......the Doc?....perhaps?.....I could be wrong,,,,,,anyone know for sure?

Thirteenth Star but that episode with Starbuck climbing into the Cylon craft and finding control inputs she could operate with her hands and feet (imagine reaching into your PC and operating the CPU said:
If I understand the Cylon ship guy was a real liveing creature right?....it might have looked very different than us, But when the ship door opens we see it way laying against the hatch and it has a big body of some kind

....and the fact that there was a hatch means that the creature had to be able to get in and out and shut the door and open it,,,so this points to some form of legs and arms on it...

The ship was just a ship,,,and seemed to have normal controls for flight..

Definately a contender for best sci fi but I thought Babylon 5 was a great for its time.. especially compared to all the star trek series. I did like space above and beyond too but there was only so much there.

Yes,,,,Babylon 5 is about as good as we will ever live to see...

and you know what made it so good?...the writers....Not the effects....just the story...

The full ark of the Babylon 5 story is unlike Star Trek in that the writers show that they know where they are going....they have a plan,,a direction,,,,

When you watch Babylon 5 you get the feeling that "Someone is at the wheel" That there is a reason behind this show, and it will one day we will understand how each show fit into the over-all plot of the rest of the other shows...

This is very different from the Star Trek Enterprise where always I get the feeling of they have driven "Off the road and in to the ditch" from their weak story and weak writeing, week to week.

Star Trek the Original was,,,very good and I still like to watch the old shows based on the fact they so many are so funny...the writers knew how to set up a good joke. Thats why the other Star Treks have left me a bit dry,,,,they just dont know how to set up and tell a joke...
(Thats also why I love StarGate SG1, for there are lots of jokes from O'Neal)

What I hope for with this new Battlestar Galactica is to keep up the good work,,,I love the way they have changed the way they shoot,,,and I like the dark side of the actors,,,

But I dont want this to end up like that Battlestar Galactica TV show that had them landed on earth with their kids and the motor bikes that could fly,,,(What a crappy effect they was)

If this Battlestar Galactica ever finds earth,,,then let it be a very different earth than just our year 2005 earth.....Let it find an earth 500 years in the past,,,or 500 years in the future,,,,,or else all we end up is , is yet another Star Trek The Voyage Home,,,where they land in a park and walk around a city and blend in and its all very cheap to film, but missed out on showing something cool and unknown.......

a deadly fart said:
I did like space above and beyond too but there was only so much there.

That lady army leader in that show had some type of problems to deal with,,,,the show itself was very well writen,,,the actors really sell each part and you believe them in it,,,,that one BlackAmerican actor is a very good leader,,,he had the voice to command troops...

The problem I had with the over all show is justy that I always wished it was bigger*,,,,more people....more actors chargeing up the hill to save earth, and not just the same 5 or 6 guys always saveing earth every week...

(*What I mean is, that I really love the one shot in Starship Troopers where they land on the bug world and race out of the landing ships to get into the fight,,,,lots of guys running around,,,you believe this is what it would look like to see a big battle like this....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back