Knife on Battlestar Galactica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benjamin Liu said:
Considering that they had a truce with the Cylons they already recognized that they were life-forms, even if they were artificial.

Yes,,,,that would set up what I was talking about...I would love to see that Boomer is just about to be given human rights, when Comander Adama over-rules the court and commands the doctors to take Boomer apart to find out if there is a way to kill the Cylons better....

This would be a very cool DARK moment on TV,,,unlike the "happy ending" TV shows we always get where you always knew right from the start that no harm would come to Data...

This time, Data is taken apart, and he is never the same...

The LAST thing I would want to see writen into the show is to just turn Boomer into this show's 7of9,,,where she just becomes a happy member of the crew......

DaQo'tah Forge said:
The LAST thing I would want to see writen into the show is to just turn Boomer into this show's 7of9,,,where she just becomes a happy member of the crew......

It could be much worse. For a REALLY Star Trek-like plot, what about Boomer escaping, making a jump in her raptor and at the same moment at the same location in another dimension the original Boomer makes a jump in his viper. The two jumps cause some type of rift and they switch universes. :D

I hope they don't turn her into the next 7of9 in the series, but we'll see. If you're a fan of the new Battlestar Galactica series, there's some interesting speculation on what will become of Boomer over on the Ragnar Anchorage forums:
http://ragnaranchorage.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=yes&action=display&num=1108168996

Here's a link to the Ragnar Anchorage Homepage:
http://www.galacticastation.com/

There's also the Colonial Fleets forum for fans of the original series as well as the new series:
http://battlestargalactica-fleets.com/forumhome.htm

Cosmic Superchunk said:
I hope they don't turn her into the next 7of9 in the series, but we'll see. If you're a fan of the new Battlestar Galactica series, there's some interesting speculation on what will become of Boomer over on the Ragnar Anchorage forums:
http://ragnaranchorage.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=yes&action=display&num=1108168996

Here's a link to the Ragnar Anchorage Homepage:
http://www.galacticastation.com/

There's also the Colonial Fleets forum for fans of the original series as well as the new series:
http://battlestargalactica-fleets.com/forumhome.htm
Can you get a lot of lunch money from these people?

jackknife
So sorry, we need to find out how she works,

However, we could send over to you some of her parts.....
Could you send us a list of the things you think you would need?

Upon closer review I can see that it was the SOG powerclip(?) or microclip multitool. You can see the end of the pliers in one shot and the handle on the side in the other. Good choce of knife though

jeff

Last week's show was GREAT!,GREAT!,and more GREAT!

It was so good my brother called the moment it was over to talk to me for about an hour about the show.

The truly fun part of the show is that "You dont know"
You dont know whats going to happen.

When the Blonde turned up and was seen and talking to people, I didnt see this comming at all...I had to toss away where I thought the show was going....

The Boomer on the ship is a real problem to understand,,,and thats GREAT!

I dont understand any of the things she does...I dont understand who wrote CYLON on her mirror.?

I dont understand the strange way she seemed to be connected to the Boomer on the ground when the ground Boomer was haveing sex?

I dont understand if the Blonde thats just in the one guy's mind is the very same blonde that was walking and talking to people on the ship?

and I dont understand if the walking talking blonde was real?...she walked around a corner and was gone?...
does that mean she was never really there?
What of her glasses she left for adama to find after she was gone...

and when she kissed Comander adama and he gets that weird look on his face, whats that about?

I suspect she wrote 'CYLON' on her mirror herself, as an expression from her subconscience or whatever the Cylon equivalent is.

The Last Confederate said:
I saw that to, it looked sort of like a microtech with some aditions to make it look futuristic maybe?

As a die hard fan of the original series, (dating myself here), it GALLS me to admit that the new one is starting to grow on me.
And for those that have not seen the new one...Starbuck and Boomer are now woman!!!:eek:

DaQo'tah Forge said:
<snip>

However the bridge could be cooler,,,not so much like a room next to the kitchen, because thats what it seems to be now.......

On the Old TV show the bridge had a window,,,and you could look at an outside shot of the BattleStar and find the bridge,,,,anyone know where this bridge is on the outside shots?

<snip>
I would HOPE that you cannot see it from the outside...
On a spaceship(and a warship expecially), why would you want the bridge to be on the outer hull???:eek: They get hit with NUKES...Do you really want a nuke hitting the bridge? You should put the bridge RIGHT in the center of mass, so that there is no chance of a direct hit...Of course this does not apply to all series...The Dahak series has FTL missles that just drop out of hyperspace INSIDE your ship:eek: And if you are 'lucky' it will 'only' be armed with a Gigaton class warhead...Check out the Dahak series by David Webber, if you want to see some REALLY large scale space battles!

DaQo'tah Forge said:
well...I only think he was on Star Trek DS9......he just reminds me of someone on that show....

Take away the beard,,,the long hair....he reminds me of......the Doc?....perhaps?.....I could be wrong,,,,,,anyone know for sure?
A LOT of people get them confused, but they are not the same person.

jamesraykenney said:
A LOT of people get them confused, but they are not the same person.

Yes, they looked a lot alike at the start,,,But a poster as well as my brother called me to point out the names were different in the credits...

Thirteenth Star said:
I suspect she wrote 'CYLON' on her mirror herself, as an expression from her subconscience or whatever the Cylon equivalent is.

Yes, that would be the easy answer, however what if that is not the answera?

If she wrote CYLON herself , then there is no need for other CYLONS being on the ship.

However if she did not write it? then this leads us back to the "Water-bombs" show where she has a bomb under her seat on the space ship, and has to stop herself from setting it off....
Did she put the bomb there?
if yes- then its all connected and she most likely also wrote CYLON..

if she didnt put the bomb there?
Then most likely she didnt write CYLON too and there is someone else running around the ship right?

QUESTION...On the last show we had 2 blondes running around the Battl;e Star.

#1 Blonde was only seen by the one guy and he is crazy
#2 Blonde was seen by everyone

are they the same?
Are they the very same Cylon and this is why we never see them both at the same time?....Are they the same ?

Clearly they were both working out the same plan,,,they were working for the same cause.

#2 Blonde didnt seem to know she was a CYLON in the bathroom when he kicked in the door on her. Was she acting?..

also, why was Boomer on the ship acting so sick just before she saw the word CYLON?
She seemed to be going to her locker to find some drugs to take.

also, the way they filmed that part, cutting back and forth from ship-Boomer to Ground-Boomer haveing sex, it was almost like both Boomers were somehow connected?

I've only seen the last 2 shows, but my guess is blonde 1 and 2 are the same. Some kind of higher beeing. Notice how when he said anyone who beleived in God was a fool. Then blondey 2 shows up and makes his life hell. Then at his lowest he begs for Gods help and promises to do gods bidding. Then 2 is gone all is better and 1 is back.

yes,,,,the whole "God" topic is very heavy in this Battlestar ...My brother and I talked about the "God" topic on the phone, and he reminded me that in the original TV show in the 80s there was a bit of "god" as a main topic too.

In the old show the voice of the Cylon leader (the actor was that AVENGERS guy) turns out to be the same voice that appears later on as a god-like guy and this god-like guy tries to get everyone to follow him,

This modern BattleStar has some sort of plan to use faith in God as a main point to the whole show it seems

I'd like to see where the series goes with this Cylon "god" fixation. The majority of Colonials appear to be polytheistic although it's safe to assume that they have many faiths among them including monotheistic ones, but the Cylons certainly do believe in a singular god and believe they were given souls.

Benjamin Liu said:
I don't have cable so I won't see the series until it comes out on DVD but I did get the DVDs of the original series and the mini-series. IMO this could be a reference to Count Iblis, a demon-like entity who tried to take over the Colonial fleet on the episodes "War of the Gods" 1 & 2. Baltar noticed that Iblis had the voice of the Cylon Imperious leader, which could mean that Iblis may have offered a similar proposal to the Cylons thousands of years ago and became their "god."

In the original series the Cylons were a race of reptilians that created the robots and eventually were taken over by them. The original idea was for them to be reptilian cyborgs and that was their nature in the series of novels. Richard Hatch's sequels to the novels as well as the comics released in the 1990s make Iblis a more important figure than in the TV series. In both he is in almost direct control of the Cylons.

Whether Iblis will appear in the new series is just a guess.
Maybe blondey is the Count Iblis.

This past episode confused me. It's almost like some of the human seeming cylons are having an identidy crisis or some self conflict.

I wonder if thats what the show is setting us up for-some of the human looking cylons overcome by some sort of curiosity about human emotions, and becoming a little over involved to the point of becaming confused about who's side they are on. Like it was pointed out about Boomer stopping herself from setting off a bomb. Or the cylons interest in the human male marooned on Caprica with the cylon boomer. Some sort of experiment going on there? And why the need to knock the stuffing out of the cylon boomer???

And the blonde getting really mad because Baltar don'nt believe in God?

I think the show has some very strange, interesting twists comming up.

And when the blonde shows up to everyone that really threw me.

very good points...

The fun part is in the not knowing...
I have no idea how they will try to answer the questions you have asked...In some ways the writers have writen themselves into a box that will be fun to watch how it works out...

I have no idea where both Boomers are headed,,,and that so cool,,,to watch a TV show and moment to moment know that they could put in a new twist that changes everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back