Knife or Death

More of the "baby face cowboy" assassin, Brian's son Austin:

0Hq0nJh.png

He did use a Busse-MOAB:

azc8Gc4.jpg

uhf7tor.jpg

aZc1b2F.jpg

jEqQenl.jpg

About as muscular as Show's Travis and shredded like our own Nathan-the-Machinist :p

exYssiJ.jpg

73m9o6a.jpg

This is for my friend, Ninjo aka Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist . Maybe to use as a screen saver? :D :p

3txv42b.jpg

0z2BFah.jpg

Nice run young cowboy :thumbsup:

IiEaht3.jpg

But did he break a sweat? :D

jL8IoN6.jpg

Enjoy these, my friend and the proud papa-bear Brian77 Brian77 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
They still get hung up on the rope. :D

Didn't what's-his-name used to cut 6 inches of rope with one of his Cold Steel knives? I'll have to look for the video.

The hanging rope obstacle was not used in Austin's episode which aired last night but there was that horizontal rope which I think Austin overcame with 2 swings of his blade.

Unless you meant the ratcheted straps? (wretched, LOL)

The hanging rope obstacle was not used in Austin's episode which aired last night but there was that horizontal rope which I think Austin overcame with 2 swings of his blade.

Unless you meant the ratcheted straps? (wretched, LOL)

No, I was referring the free hanging rope in general. When it was used in Life Line, no one got through it. Some cut part way through it, but most just nicked it.

Here's one of the Cold Steel videos. Skip to 5:40

Of course, that Cold Steel kukri didn't just chop through all the other stuff and 3 blocks of ice first.

No, I was referring the free hanging rope in general. When it was used in Life Line, no one got through it. Some cut part way through it, but most just nicked it.

Here's one of the Cold Steel videos. Skip to 5:40

Of course, that Cold Steel kukri didn't just chop through all the other stuff and 3 blocks of ice first.

Yeah they really need to have a consistent set of obstacles to make it more fair

For anyone who is wondering what happened, it was a possibility that my final run would get cut from the premier due to time constraints. I think they had to cut a run from each episode, including the finale. Supposedly the run was going to be included in the international version, reruns, etc, but who knows. That's show biz! :D

I want to see it though because it was way faster than the first time, but you know... pvc pipes filled with rocks. :p

He keeps saying that he wishes he had taken a sword. But we did not have one at the time. And almost no one makes custom swords. Miller bros, and Zombie guys.

The KOD pc will be great to use. My personal pick would be about 22 inches long and have a more pronounced hook on the top side.

I hope there is another season. But it does not sound like it.

I'm behind the times, just bought s3 and watched @91bravo's last episode. The only person who has any real opinion is Travis Wuertz as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise there's a pro wrestler and SF soldier, neither know anything professionally about a knife you couldn't learn by armchair quarterbacking. It's a cool destruction course but dang.

I'm behind the times, just bought s3 and watched @91bravo's last episode. The only person who has any real opinion is Travis Wuertz as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise there's a pro wrestler and SF soldier, neither know anything professionally about a knife you couldn't learn by armchair quarterbacking. It's a cool destruction course but dang.
couldn't agree more. I think Keffeler would be a great host

He keeps saying that he wishes he had taken a sword. But we did not have one at the time. And almost no one makes custom swords. Miller bros, and Zombie guys.

The KOD pc will be great to use. My personal pick would be about 22 inches long and have a more pronounced hook on the top side.

Brian, regarding the last bolded sentence: I did some digging around and the latest article which I could find pertain to Sep 19th just after the show aired its finale. While no true S3 (what was broadcasted recently was just the reminder of a much longer S2 which was split in 2 with 2 separate finales) is in currently the works, the show was apparently well received both domestically and internationally that it has not been definitely cancelled. FWIW:

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-forge...or-season-3-watch-these-5-shows-next-18784696

"Got to have better angles." That's what she said.
Lol. That and the, "The longer he stays on that ice block, the duller that blade's going to get. He needs to get through it fast":confused:

Really? You 2 comedians don't have a very good understanding of metallurgy and physics, huh?

In Season 1, that was one of the strategies I admired from the guy in the cowboy hat with the Bladesports Competition Chopper. Instead of trying to bludgeon through the ice block, he knew his Competition Chopper very well, and simply used mostly wrist action with light chops to compromise the ice block's integrity until it broke, and never put his chopper at risk of dulling, chipping or rolling.

Even the guy in this last Season, trying to outdo his brother (who'd broken his sword on the ice block on an earlier episode/season), understood using lighter swings to avoid the chance of compromising his blade.

Granted, the folks who actually brought well forged blades had no issues slamming through the ice blocks in one or two swings, but if you're unsure, chipping away at the ice with light swings until it cracks, is far less likely to damage the blade.

There's no doubt having Keffeler there for commentary would have been much more meaningful discussion. I like Goldberg, he has a hell of a personality and presence, but the only person there who really knows much about knives and cutting with knives was Travis and he was not included in the discussions. Some of their commentary was a little off base. Of course the average viewer wouldn't notice that.

Neither do they. :p

Everyone should imagine...just imagine it!...what one of those Carothers choppers with a blade two feet long and a fat 2-handed handle what would have done on the course.

Back