Knife or Death

Neither do they. :p

Everyone should imagine...just imagine it!...what one of those Carothers choppers with a blade two feet long and a fat 2-handed handle what would have done on the course.

If there's any S3, we may end up with a friendly competition between a tweaked CPK-K18 and some form of a Busse. I was lurking on their subform where there's a discussion about the MOAB which Austin had used and the MOAB's shortcomings, a bunch of people were opining about what would've been a better blade to take, etc. Jerry then chimed in and stated that he's got a few things in mind and irons in the fire, so to speak.

All that said, my $ is on Nathan and CPK: Carothers Performance Knives FUH-EVAH!!!

You held that thing Dan had at the pit too...OMFG:eek::D

It was pretty glorious.

If there's any S3, we may end up with a friendly competition between a tweaked CPK-K18 and some form of a Busse. I was lurking on their subform where there's a discussion about the MOAB which Austin had used and the MOAB's shortcomings, a bunch of people were opining about what would've been a better blade to take, etc. Jerry then chimed in and stated that he's got a few things in mind and irons in the fire, so to speak.

All that said, my $ is on Nathan and CPK: Carothers Performance Knives FUH-EVAH!!!

Comparing the MOAB to the CPK-K18 is humorous, imo. o_O:D

Last edited:
The Busse forumites we’re discussing longer Busse blades and Busse swords. I’m not versed in anything Busse or Busse Kin. Never held one and never owned one! I’ve seen photos of some Busse short swords though :)

I'm just gonna let Cersei do the work for me.

Kt59Au6.gif

Guys, I spend a good bit of time in the woods, a good bit with Scouts and a good bit with some sharp tool abusing idiots... After years of using and abusing, the're only a couple of makers I would stake my life one, you know the one knife forever thing... Nathan's delta 3V is freakin' incredible, as is his 3V prior to delta heat treat. His grind impresses me just as much as the HT! My reason for this post... don't underestimate Jerry Busse's INFI, it deserves respect in a large way. I own plenty of both makers and love and abuse MANY of their tools. Now.... what's the last blade I bought... a CPK :)

Yeah, Jerry posted a concept thread...not nearly as sexy as Nathan/Dan's KOD-pieceo_O:D

Agreed, but Jerry's concepts are interesting, and I like some of the ideas he has for a purpose built piece for the show. Would be really interesting to see one of his ideas come to fruition in INFI, could be a contender in the right hands.

Back