Knife people are amazing, CPKers are the best

I received a package today. The best kind of package: a package from CPK.
Thing is, I didn’t order anything from CPK.
Opening it with my trusty EDC2 (what else?), this is what I found inside:
D3EC759C-19FD-4955-835D-E6A9080C1E7A.jpeg

I mean, GET OUTTA HERE (as they say across the river)!!

I am still thoroughly overwhelmed and speechless, and it’s just impossible to find the right words to express how I feel. This is the most amazing surprise I have ever received and so generous that I’m not even sure I feel comfortable keeping it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post around the time of the DEK preorder, it’s been a little rough since the pandemic started and I haven’t been frequenting the forums much lately. My little family has remained in NYC for the time being despite both of us currently being unemployed, because we’re waiting for the adoption of our little boy to finally be completed. Moving, even to another county, would cause the case to be removed to another agency and beginning the whole process all over again...
We’re raising him to be NY tough and also a future member of the CPK family (there are some nice blades waiting for him when he’s ready). He likes to wear caps this way :cool:

846B1EEA-E556-4CC6-8C12-0EB13481B44B.jpeg

The knife is, of course, perfect and configured EXACTLY as I would have chosen it myself. What an amazing blade! It feels incredibly light and nimble in hand and the grind seems to be even thinner behind the edge than the smaller EDC. I absolutely love it and expect it to see a lot of use!

I’m still too dumbstruck to write coherently - this just happened this afternoon.

I really don’t know how to thank the “two CPK brethren” enough. I’d really love to eventually repay this huge kindness in some way when I am again better situated. If not to the anonymous gents themselves (I still hope to identify them eventually) then at least to this truly amazing community.

Thanks again guys!! You are truly amazing!!

Christian

Last edited:
That’s amazing. Some really awesome people here. A big family of brothers and sisters. Oh. And kiddos too. :) Very nice deed a few people did. They will get their payback. Good people have good things happen for them. Very cool knife too. I missed that preorder and want one of these someday. Congrats Brother.

Aww, that little boy is sooo CUTE! Honestly this story brought a tear or two to my eyes for different reasons, first and foremost for the sake of this little lad being able to find a seemingly awesome family. On the CPK gift, I can speculate as to who were these kind brethren and I also have a pretty good hunch as to who was the facilitator but my thoughts will remain to myself and my lips will be sealed on this sub, per their wishes.

Well done y'all on every aspect of this beautiful story. Christian, all the very best tp both you and yours. Dr. Unc. Matty :)

That’s amazing. Some really awesome people here. A big family of brothers and sisters. Oh. And kiddos too. :) Very nice deed a few people did. They will get their payback. Good people have good things happen for them. Very cool knife too. I missed that preorder and want one of these someday. Congrats Brother.
Thank you, brother!
Yes, some very special people here.
Oh, and yeah, you absolutely want to get one of these!

You may think you came out on top on this deal (and you did!) but there a couple brethren who are just stoked right now. That's the way it works.

This ^ right here! Awesome gesture and congrats. The DEK1 is a beauty!
Giving is better than receiving...I can attest to this! :)

Aww, that little boy is sooo CUTE! Honestly this story brought a tear or two to my eyes for different reasons, first and foremost for the sake of this little lad being able to find a seemingly awesome family. On the CPK gift, I can speculate as to who were these kind brethren and I also have a pretty good hunch as to who was the facilitator but my thoughts will remain to myself and my lips will be sealed on this sub, per their wishes.

Well done y'all on every aspect of this beautiful story. Christian, all the very best tp both you and yours. Dr. Unc. Matty :)
Okay, okay, okay... I get it. It’s easy to get swept up in a beautiful story about a cute little boy who found his forever home... etc etc and I was very selective with the picture I shared. But before you get all teary-eyed and melt away, you should know that he is very much a 3 year-old. So, he’s basically got one foot in jail at all times and the attitude to boot.
I present exhibit B as evidence (note the hand of the arresting officer on his shoulder):
(I will keep this photo up only briefly).

View attachment 1411581

Last edited:
Back