Knife people are amazing, CPKers are the best

Okay, okay, okay... I get it. It’s easy to get swept up in a beautiful story about a cute little boy who found his forever home... etc etc and I was very selective with the picture I shared. But before you get all teary-eyed and melt away, you should know that he is very much a 3 year-old. So, he’s basically got one foot in jail at all times and the attitude to boot.
I present exhibit B as evidence (note the hand of the arresting officer on his shoulder):
(I will keep this photo up only briefly).

View attachment 1411581

Hah,

So in other words, he’s a typical kid :eek::p

Pretty sure they evolved to be cute so we wouldn’t take them out.

Winston

Congratulations, Christian! I hope that all goes well for you guys!

Congrats man, I love reading posts like this!!!

Congratulations! On your new little family member :thumbsup::thumbsup:
It’s so nice to see Good happening :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats Christian! What a wonderful gift. There really are some great people here. Your little boy is adorable. Hope things go smoothly with the adoption, and things get better soon.

Take care,
Gus

Thank you Robert, Justin, Xr6x, and Gus!

My girlfriend and I are completely blown away by the gift and outpouring of support from this group. It’s really unlike anything either of us has ever experienced.
The pandemic threw a wrench into the adoption process and brought things to a crawl, but we’re hopeful that we’re nearing the end soon.

Thanks again to all the brothers and sisters in the CPK family :)

Lovely to hear stories like this. Good people all round. Cute kid too.
Friendly warning though, kids are like CPK's with one leading to more:)

Good lord, I don’t think I have the energy for more...! :eek:

We love the little guy to death, of course, but we aren’t the youngest anymore and weren’t really planning on having kids this late in our lives. We just stumbled into a situation and felt we had to step in and take him out of foster care.

I will say that either carting him around in his stroller or chasing after him on his scooter all around Manhattan (we‘re still mostly avoiding all forms of public transportation and live about 30-45 min away on foot in either direction from Central Park and our favorite open air farmers market) is keeping me fit, though! :D

Last edited:
I can empathize with this situation as I found out last spring my nephew (18months old) had been taken during a police visit and was placed into emergency foster care, it took a while to get him back out and dealing with the system is something I’d never wish on anyone.

But what you’ve done is something to be proud of, and as they say, tough times don’t last, but tough people do.

Congrats on the new knife and I hope it remains a sentimental favourite. Props to the anonymous two.

All the best to you and yours.

Justin

I can empathize with this situation as I found out last spring my nephew (18months old) had been taken during a police visit and was placed into emergency foster care, it took a while to get him back out and dealing with the system is something I’d never wish on anyone.

But what you’ve done is something to be proud of, and as they say, tough times don’t last, but tough people do.

Congrats on the new knife and I hope it remains a sentimental favourite. Props to the anonymous two.

All the best to you and yours.

Justin

Thank you, Justin!

That is pretty much exactly what happened in this case in my girlfriend’s family. The situation was also slightly exacerbated by the fact that he was in Florida while we live in NY. The interstate component added a whole additional level of complexity and bureaucratic hurdles.

The knife will absolutely remain a sentimental favorite! How could it not?!

Hi Justin,

Don’t want to pry too much into your personal/family business, but is the boy now with you (or another family member)?

Back