Knife Reviews

So many :). Let's connect in March on this, when I'm done with school and no longer writing papers for grades. Sounds like it would be beneficial if I do this for my designs too so I may as well keep it going for all of our stuff. I'll have to look into getting a free web blog or something going again. I really liked wordpress back in the day when I reviewed a lot of cycling gear and events.

John and I just talked about a couple video review ideas for my knives that could be good entertainment. If they are enjoyed, maybe I'll have to do something similar for his. Write-ups tend to be more my specialty since I'm pretty practiced in writing long posts already.

I wish my picture taking and writing skills were at a level where I could feel good about doing reviews. I haven't taken bikerector bikerector up on his offer yet because I'm unsure of my review being on the same level as the quality of the knife being reviewed.

I wish my picture taking and writing skills were at a level where I could feel good about doing reviews. I haven't taken bikerector bikerector up on his offer yet because I'm unsure of my review being on the same level as the quality of the knife being reviewed.

No worries on my end of a professional review. Something slightly more substantial than "I liked it" or "it's not for me, but maybe it's for you" is good with me, more is better as long as it makes sense. No need to write a short story, unless you want to. I know, for now, a few sentences would be fine for my stuff, about like you see for product reviews on websites or amazon from customers.

I have done a few over the years....even a video!

[youtube]
[/youtube]

And the Viktim passaround was fun

https://www.bladeforums.com/posts/15381311

There is a treasure-trove of knife reviews posted here - might make for a good cold-day task to collect them all and put in the stickies - as well as consolidating the stickies.

Good fun -
best

mqqn

Thanks Andy! With my laptop down it’s too much of a pain searching on my phone.

Thanks Andy! With my laptop down it’s too much of a pain searching on my phone.

I got a Samsung Note 9 because it is slightly larger, but doing anything on my phone equates to me as "building a ship in a bottle". Now people that use laptops are behind the times.

I am running as fast as I can to keep up, with a bottle of Jack in my hand though....

best

mqqn

Hey, John, I know I haven't been around a ton lately, but I wanted to drop a link for my Pocket Chef. Still loving mine.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/jk-pocket-chef.1559722/

Very cool! I need to test something like that out. Do you still get a lot of use out of it? I'm really curious how something that thin could work in a blade with less width like a Bird and trout or small fillet/bait knife.

That looks well designed and very well done for the intended task. Very good! It looks functional and hits a "don't see many of those out there" button for me.

Very cool! I need to test something like that out. Do you still get a lot of use out of it? I'm really curious how something that thin could work in a blade with less width like a Bird and trout or small fillet/bait knife.

That looks well designed and very well done for the intended task. Very good! It looks functional and hits a "don't see many of those out there" button for me.
I’m already working on a small knife like you describe.

I’m already working on a small knife like you describe.

NICE! I might know a guy interested in that, not me but I'm interested too. We can discuss that off-line though and I'll drop a link to the guy's email when you finish it up.

It won’t be until I heat treat stainless again, so it will be awhile. It’s kind of a test to see how high I can go on the grind.

I use it quite often in my kitchen, and I still carry it fairly often. I'm not making dedicated work lunches of pork chops/chicken breasts at this moment, so it doesn't see as much duty in its "intended use", but it is still very capable even in a full kitchen.

I have other knives that are B&T or similar in the 1/16" - 5/64" stock range with full height grinds, and they are brilliant as well. I'm a huge proponent of super thin steel and small knives, and I've been pleased as punch with all of my super thin stuff.

It won’t be until I heat treat stainless again, so it will be awhile. It’s kind of a test to see how high I can go on the grind.

John, if you can get a full height grind or even a 3/4 height grind on 1/16" stock, I have at least two more designs that I would love to get from you. Very curious to hear your results!

Back