Knife Roll

I think this can be considered a sheath of sorts :). Finished up a folding knife roll for a customer yesterday and thought you guys might like to see. Leather is waxed Horween Chromexcel. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend!

[YouTube]

Beautiful work, do you know if the customer will be carrying it on a bike or is it just for storage (to me a tool roll says "I ride")?

I left you a visitors message with my email, Please get in touch (don't email the address in my signature, it's a dead link)

Very cool, very nice finished work. We've got some of that leather right now too. Made an IWB holster for a friend out of it.

Beautiful work, do you know if the customer will be carrying it on a bike or is it just for storage (to me a tool roll says "I ride")?

I left you a visitors message with my email, Please get in touch (don't email the address in my signature, it's a dead link)

Thanks! I think the customer just wanted it to take his custom knives to meetups and whatnot. I don't think he is planning on carrying it on a bike but I could be wrong.

Yeah sorry, I didn't get a message in my email or my inbox here on BladeForums. Not sure what to say about that. Maybe just send me a direct member to memeber message?

Very cool, very nice finished work. We've got some of that leather right now too. Made an IWB holster for a friend out of it.

Thank you Dave! That Horween has a really nice feel and finish doesn't it?! I've had a side of it since buying on closeout when Sheridan Leather was going out of business and if I recall correctly only had made one little minimalist wallet and forgot about it. This seemed like the perfect project as veg tan would have been too stiff. I'm betting it'd work great for a nice IWB too. Only thing about the waxed chrome tan is edges were a pain. I ended up dyeing them with some alcohol based cordovan and then burnished with a paraffin / beeswax edge wax and while not perfect, I was able to get rid of all the fuzz and they slicked down (and stayed down) pretty nicely.

Back