• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knife scam sites (knifesilo.com and others)

What's Good Yo! Been seeing ads pop up for www.knifeshouse.com on my browser. Clicked on it and by god, these are some of the best Benchmade pricing I've ever seen. I sent a message over to Benchmade to see if they could confirm this website, waiting to hear back in the next few days. Benchmade's website doesn't include some of their authorized dealers and I've had to email in before. At any rate, this Knifeshouse website, anyone know if this is legit or not??

"In order to comply with these and other legal requirements, items imported from or originating in the following countries and regions may not be sold on interesfinds:"

"interesfinds"?

"In order to comply with these and other legal requirements, items imported from or originating in the following countries and regions may not be sold on interesfinds:"

"interesfinds"?
Well. shoot... got off the phone with the bank and they told me I'd be good to go if I came across counterfeit good in being able to get my money back worst case. I'm torn though.. This website has damned good prices. Some of the stuff is misspelled. The email I got back from the vendor:

Me:
Are you an official Benchmade Knives Dealer? I want to make sure that Benchmade will honor the warranty if purchased from your store.

Thanks

Hello,
We are an agent, and the inventory is piled up and cleared. We are guaranteed, don’t worry about this. If you are not satisfied, you can refund at any time, just apply for a refund through our customer service, bank or Paypal.

knifeshouse

Other thing I'm seeing here is they have the same exact knives listed with different pricing. Two of the same Crooked River, two of the same Barrage...

Refunds are limited to items unused and in the orginal packaging.

"To be eligible for a return, your article must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must be in the original packaging. To complete your return, we need a receipt or proof of purchase. Please do not return your purchase to the manufacturer.

[R]eturn shipping costs are paid by the buyer. After receiving your information packages for reference and tracking number, we will refund your money in your account in 2-7 business days.

Apparently, they think the plural of "knife" is "knifes." Where have we seen that before?

What's Good Yo! Been seeing ads pop up for www.knifeshouse.com on my browser. Clicked on it and by god, these are some of the best Benchmade pricing I've ever seen. I sent a message over to Benchmade to see if they could confirm this website, waiting to hear back in the next few days. Benchmade's website doesn't include some of their authorized dealers and I've had to email in before. At any rate, this Knifeshouse website, anyone know if this is legit or not??
I wouldn't trust any site selling Benchmades that far below MAP, with that many spelling errors, or that gives off the sketchy vibe this one does. :thumbsdown:

Refunds are limited to items unused and in the orginal packaging.

"To be eligible for a return, your article must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must be in the original packaging. To complete your return, we need a receipt or proof of purchase. Please do not return your purchase to the manufacturer.

[R]eturn shipping costs are paid by the buyer. After receiving your information packages for reference and tracking number, we will refund your money in your account in 2-7 business days.

Apparently, they think the plural of "knife" is "knifes." Where have we seen that before?
I'm simply going through the ordering process right now. At the end of it in the shipping portion, standard is ''15-25 bussiness days, 10-20 bussiness days, 7-10 bussiness days'. I'm not going to submit. Shoot though, I'd love to see what it is they have. I sent another email asking why these Benchmade knives are being sent internationally when Benchmade is a company based here in America. I requested pictures of all of the knives in my cart from the 'piles' of inventory they have and what the differences were in the duplicated items that cost more.

Don't waste your time, this is a BLATANT SCAM SITE....
Golden rule.... to Good to be true, it ISN'T.
I personally would spend several hundred dollars at a site with no phone number, let alone bad Engrish... ESPECIALLY when they misspell their OWN DAMNED NAME!!!

Also, same site name font and style as other scam sites... Also, almost every legitimate knife site other than BHQ also seems to ship within one or two days, not 15-25...

After 2+ months I finally got my money back from my bank. I have a likely fake ZT knife to show for it.

Another likely scammer. Says knives manufactured in USA. The brand is "OSTRA KNIVES."

"OSTRA Custom HandMade High Carbon Steel Hunting/Camping Bush Craft Knife With Ram Horn Handle. Is formed using conventional techniques. It needs more force than that of the low carbon steels to perform this process. It is welded using all welding techniques. It is pre-heated at. 260 to 315°C (500 to 600°F). 648 to 788°C (1200 to 1450°F). It is hardened at. It is then quenched in oil followed by. The cutting edge of knives is hardened by heating and quenching in order to maintain the toughness of the steel.’All of our knives are. Supreme quality material used to manufacture the blade. The handle materials, blade steels, and leather sheaths are made professionally with cow leather with no extra charges. Great handle fitting, exception sharp edge. Excellent & Easy Gripe of handle. Product Measurements & Detailed Specification. NOTE: MATERIAL & HARDNESS ARE GUARANTEE. (Request me) if you are looking anything, please tell me. Questions: if you have any question feel free to send us message we aim to answer all questions within 12 hours. We will resolve all issues as quickly as possible. We are not responsible for any injuries associated with the use of our tools. Our products are intended for legal use only by responsible buyers. Therefore, we will not sell our products to anyone under the age of 18. Our Tools are very sharp so open and use them very carefully We are not responsible for any injuries associated with the use of our tools. Tips to Care knife. NEVER STORE YOUR KNIFE FOR LONG TIME IN LEATHER SHEATH. LEATHER CAN ABSORB WATER, WHICH WILL RUST THE KNIFE. ALWAYS CLEAN THE BLADE AFTER USING WITH OIL OR WAX. The item “OSTRA HIGH CARBON STEEL HANDMADE BUSH CRAFT CAMPING KNIFE WITH RAM HORN HANDLEO” is in sale since Tuesday, May 4, 2021. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Knives, Swords & Blades\Collectible Fixed Blade Knives\Modern Fixed Blade\Custom & Handmade”. The seller is “ranabee0″ and is located in Live Oak, California. This item can be shipped to United States, Canada, United Kingdom."

This brand is sold only on ePrey by vendor "ranabee0" (a south Asian name), who writes as if the manufactuer is the seller: "We are manufacturers and exporters of all types of quality Knives including Hunting knives, Folks Knives, Folding Knives, Karambit Knives, Tactical Knives, Skinner Knives, Dagger Knives, Tanto Knives, Tracker Knives, Bowie Knives, Kukri Knives, Kitchen Knives, Chopper Knives, Cleaver Knives, Axes, Swords.We deploy best quality raw materials in manufacturing of our knives. Our main goal is to provide high quality products to customers with affordable pricing and on time delivery. This on time delivery gives us confidence to compete with other big brands and other markets."

Ranabee0 also does business on ePrey using other names, such as "Handmade Complex" which is described in its listings as a manufacturer, but no such busniess is listed in California.

Ranabee0 says he does business from somewhere in Live Oak, California but that name is not registered to do business in California as an actual name or business alias and has no listed telephone service in the U.S..

Another all-too-typical ePrey description:

"Vintage German Leather Handle Hunting Fishing Knife WW1era. 1920s 1930s handmade Finland Scandinavian hunting knife fishing fillet knife came from a military estate I found one similar to this is said to have been handmade with inscriptions on the blade I can't make it out there is definitely hand engraving on the blade look closely at the picture for details the lead or tin hilt and the leather or wood washer construction is loose near the blade. It's a hundred year old knife. Condition is "Used". Selling as is! Look at my other vintage military hunting fishing militaria man cave vintage collectible items. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail."

Six pictures, and not one allow you to see etching on blade that would reveal maker and apx date.

This one popped up on an ad recently on email site. I found it has very low trust rating and is very recent. The prices are all over the place. Very limited information on where located.

Some of those unknown websites make eBay seem safe!
There's stores on eBay that are authorized dealers and private collectors, I've dealt with that are legitimate. Along with the scammers! (That I don't deal with)

I ordered a Benchmade Infidel black for $338.95 the took 3 weeks to send me a Benchmade 940 Obsborne green (wrong knife). I emailed them you sent me the wrong knife, Nancy Zao responded offing me to buy the wrong knife they sent me, I said sorry I just want to knife I ordered. Then she wanted me to send the wrong knife to some guy in Texas with me paying the shipping I told her send me a label and I'll send it. She refuses to send be a label after 20 emails back and forth I go through Palpay as a dispute they take 2 months and dismiss the dispute because I wont pay for shipping to send the knife to England now? Long story short my bank did a charge back for $198.95 and Paypal won't refund my $140 balance and I have a Osborne 940 that I didn't order. Don't ever order anything from Knifesilo they are a scam and never pay with paypal they are useless.
100% that 940 they sent was a clone! I know this is old but hopefully you didn't sell it on here as authentic.

Back