Knife Stands - new model reviews

bonafide

Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers
Exyzzy aka Eric sent me some more knife stands to T&E. Thought I would share these with the forum .. cause he's fine-tuning the dickens out his design(s) quickly. The latest version changes the handle rest from a shelf to more a cradle. I like it .. a lot. As you can see, Eric has expanded the design to 3 sizes. The small Runt size which holds a under 3" blade, the Middle child which holds a 3" blade and the Big Brother which holds 4 to 5" inch blades and then some.

Just don't think these are only built to display a Fiddleback .. contraire mon frere' .. they'll hold all kinds of beauties.

Keep an eye out for Eric to start listing his Knife Stands for sale here in the JouFuu forum!

dec11_2015_06.jpg

dec11_2015_05.jpg

dec11_2015_04.jpg

dec11_2015_03.jpg

dec11_2015_02.jpg

dec11_2015_01.jpg

Thanks Bud, I really like the way the design is evolving. The curve of the new handle cradle complements the design of the leg curves and helps to stabilize the handle better if the stand is moved. The new design also does a better job with friction-fit pieces, so I can eliminate the glue stage. Results in a much cleaner fit and finish.
I'll have the new laser cutter in a week or so and should be able to post some more up here after that.

Very cool. I'm looking forward to the new style. I got 2 in the last sales thread and they're awesome. I definitely want to grab a couple more.

Back