Knife Stiddy

Is there an interest in anyone wanting to buy a knife Stiddy. I'm having one made and can get a better price if I have, say, about 12 made. If there is an interest, I can pass on the savings to others.

Cochenee

PS I'm new to the site and this is my first post. What is the tag below on this form?

Is there an interest in anyone wanting to buy a knife Stiddy. I'm having one made and can get a better price if I have, say, about 12 made. If there is an interest, I can pass on the savings to others.

Cochenee

PS I'm new to the site and this is my first post. What is the tag below on this form?

This sounds more like a group buy opportunity from a third party than a first party sale. I'm not entirely certain how the forum rules will treat it.

Please email me at TLESharpening@gmail.com with more info. Depending on the specifics I might be willing to coordinate it if some higher membership is required. I'd like to have a quality stiddy.

I am interested in a stiddy. Before becoming part of the critical mass, I would like to see a picture and a price.

The head of a claw hammer and an anvil had a stunted baby, and it was named the Stiddy - something I just learned about today despite my significant time researching knives.

I am disinterested due to my categorical dislike of pinned knives, but one might find more support in the “traditional” subforum.

Does any one have pictures of whatever the heck you guys are talking about?

I mentioned I was new to the site. I thank those with the positive feedback. To those who spoke rather condescendingly at my fumbling first post, excuse me. I have no interest in profiteering from my request, but just wanted to test the waters for an expression of interest. I am simply an engineer talking to a machine shop (to whom I supplied drawings) to get a price since I can’t find a Stiddy anywhere. I just thought others might be looking as well.

The plan dimensions are about 1.5 x 3 x 5.25 for the Stiddy proper affixed to a 4 x 4 x 1.5 in. base. The metal is D2 tempered to RC 56/7 ( the base is not tempered). I don’t have any price yet and will certainly buy into membership as required if I offer a “run” at cost. I didn’t mean to offend anyone and want to play by the rules on this forum. I have a weakness and love for all types of folders, autos, and fixed blades. Hopefully this will explain where I am with this Stiddy. I am impressed with the collective experience of this site.

Cochenee

Oh yeah, Youtuber Steve Summers has a video on milling one of those out of a piece of rail road track.

I mentioned I was new to the site. I thank those with the positive feedback. To those who spoke rather condescendingly at my fumbling first post, excuse me. I have no interest in profiteering from my request, but just wanted to test the waters for an expression of interest. I am simply an engineer talking to a machine shop (to whom I supplied drawings) to get a price since I can’t find a Stiddy anywhere. I just thought others might be looking as well.

The plan dimensions are about 1.5 x 3 x 5.25 for the Stiddy proper affixed to a 4 x 4 x 1.5 in. base. The metal is D2 tempered to RC 56/7 ( the base is not tempered). I don’t have any price yet and will certainly buy into membership as required if I offer a “run” at cost. I didn’t mean to offend anyone and want to play by the rules on this forum. I have a weakness and love for all types of folders, autos, and fixed blades. Hopefully this will explain where I am with this Stiddy. I am impressed with the collective experience of this site.

Cochenee
Yes, I am interested and have been hunting for one for a long time. Roughly what do you think the cost will be?

There are many small anvils available and if a fellow took out his hacksaw and cut off the horn and machined a step on one end and the thin lip on the other followed by heat treating one might get it made quickly as much of the work has already been done???

Yes, I am interested and have been hunting for one for a long time. Roughly what do you think the cost will be?
It looks like about $300 at the place I have been talking to. The steel is a little over a hundred and the rest is labor. That’s without shipping cost. Seems a little high to me, but it has been a while since I have worked with a shop.

There are many small anvils available and if a fellow took out his hacksaw and cut off the horn and machined a step on one end and the thin lip on the other followed by heat treating one might get it made quickly as much of the work has already been done???
I think that would entirely depend on the metal you used. If you had a Chinese anvil with no provenance that you could hacksaw through as sold, imagine the strength of a 0.1 inch (or less) tongue and how would heat treat be determined?

Back